Friday, March 6, 2015

God is able to do far more than we ask or think

Pam Padgettteacher

Prior to having this blog, we sent messages to a very small group of people in the USA and Canada by email.  At that time it never occurred to me that there would be a way to share with people around the world.

Then God gave Joan a dream showing her to start this blog.  Even after I learned what a blog is and set it up, it still didn't occur to me that since the blog is on the internet, we had the opportunity to share with people around the world.  But a day or two after we started posting messages on the blog, Joan noticed that people from other countries were finding the blog. To be able to share with other Christians, the church, around the world was very exciting to us!

That God showed Joan to start this blog, and that it is so easy to use yet reaches people around the world, causes me to marvel in God.  This was far beyond anything I had ever considered!

Recently while thinking about this, I was reminded of ...

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Another example of God doing exceeding abundantly above all that I have asked or thought:  After I was born again and went to college, I had a friend who was also born again and we would talk about things of God.  When I would say something I had learned in the Catholic church, she would ask me "Where is that in the Bible?"  As I started proving doctrines by the Bible, I could see that I had been taught many false doctrines.  The desire of my heart was to have wrong doctrines uprooted and replaced with truth from God, and to go in the ways of God. 

I spent a lot of time in prayer, proving doctrines by the Bible, reading the Bible, and meditating in scripture, allowing the Holy Spirit to work with me.  Many false doctrines were uprooted, and I so glad of this.  Then one day my friend and I were talking and she mentioned how strong I had grown in things of God.  I had no idea this had happened, but I believe this is what God had done in my life ... far above what I had asked or even thought to ask. 

One other example:  When I was about 30 years old I had become bored with the type of secular work I was doing and asked God if there might be something I could do that would be more interesting to me.  Not long after this my boss asked me to setup a desktop computer and start using it for my job.  At this time computers were just starting to be used in workplaces like this, and I didn't know anything about them.  So I signed up for a class called "Basic" thinking it would give me a basic understanding of computers.

But this was actually a class to learn the programming language called "Basic", and I found that programming was something that suited me very well, was interesting to me, and I loved doing it.   Not only was I led to work I found interesting, it provided a good income, and was something I continued to enjoy until I retired. 

Again, this was far more than I had asked or thought of.

The Holy Spirit is the power of God working in us.  When we are led by the Holy Spirit, we are led according to the will and purpose of God for us, often far above what we ask or think.  

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.