Monday, March 30, 2015

Acting by necessity or fear?

Joan Boney ... apostle/ prophet

This week, Pam Padgett reported having a problem with her only computer.  The second I read of the problem I knew she would need to buy a back up computer immediately so she could write messages for the blog.  This is what she did.

I ran into a problem this week before I heard of Pam's computer problem.  I thought at the time I might need to buy a back up computer but for another reason.  Extreme pain hit my left leg and knee.  It was so severe I didn't know if I could walk.  My cane is in another room for I need it to go to mail box daily so I leave one cane at front door.  I don't usually need cane to walk in house.  But this pain that hit in night was so severe I wasn't sure I could walk at all, even to bath room.  But I had to walk so I did, holding onto the wall as best I could.

Then the fears struck ... what if I have to go to hospital ... how can I write exhortations on the blog ... maybe I need back up "notebook" type computer ...

That is a fear of tomorrow and what might happen.

In about a day's time, I was able to walk without pain.

I didn't want to buy a back up computer based on fear.

I turned to God in prayer asking Him to show me if I need to buy back up computer.

Now I just wait.

There is a big difference between necessity and fear of future.

The pain was probably what the world calls arthritis.  It was on the leg that has a metal insert due to accident and subsequent operation.  I felt it was temporary and sure enough within 24 hrs. it was gone.  Now I walk well again, without pain.

It is interesting that I didn't even pray about the pain ... but I did pray about the back up computer.  Writing these exhortations is very important to me.

Philemon ...  6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Not only is it important that I share with you so you can be edified in things of God, but it is important for me to share for when I write these exhortations (communication of my faith) it becomes effectual to me.

When we acknowledge that good thing which is in us in Christ Jesus, faith becomes effectual to us.