Monday, March 9, 2015

Go in the way of peace

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

II Cor. 4 ... 16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen:for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Everything we can see with our natural eye is temporary.

Why get stirred up over that which is only temporary?

Col. 3 ... 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Dead men aren't focused on this earth.  Dead men live in peace, at least until the day of judgment.  They are asleep to that which is going on here.

We, who are of God and still living, must do what we can to live in peace.  We set our goal to go in the way of peace.

James 3 ... 13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. 14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. 16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. 

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. 18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

I find I cannot live in peace when striving with another.  I cannot read Bible when striving with another person for I find that person behind every scripture I read when I am in strife.  I do not trust myself to read Bible until I return to state of peace.

If I am planning something on this earth it is also difficult to read Bible for I find I read a bit but am really thinking of my plans on this earth.

Therefore I like to try to be daily in a state of peace without secular plans so I can sit down and read Bible with a pure heart.

One day I realized that I rarely think of tomorrow anymore.  I used to think of tomorrow.  What happened?  I think what happened is this:  I now focus so strongly on today that tomorrow vanishes for me.

I try to keep myself in this condition for what I really want more than anything is to read Bible today with pure heart and hear what God would say to me today, at this moment.  Only when I am at complete peace and rest can I do that.

So I try not to allow anything to interfere with this goal of peace and rest.

Go in the way of peace.

II Peter 3 ... 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.