Friday, June 2, 2017

BOOK: Exhortations


Amazon.com
e-Book & paperback




Volume 6 ... #15 
Prayer Of Faith


All things must be done "by faith" ... believing God will hear you and believing God will help you.

Unless you can pray believing, your prayer will be futile.

*****

Paul says:  Phil. 4 ... Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


*****

If I pray something, do I believe God will help me?

What is my experience in past with God?  Has God helped me when I pray?

When we can recall examples where God has helped us in past, it helps us to have faith to pray.

*****

When one of my cats had operation at Vet, I realized the day I was to bring her home the lawn people would be mowing yard.  (This is an outdoor cat.)  I wanted to bring her home and feed her and not have her disturbed by lawn people.  I almost called the lawn people to ask them not to come that day but I hated to throw them off schedule so I didn't do that.  But I was concernedI can't recall praying but I must have been expressing my concern to God.  About an hour before I was to leave to pick her up it began raining.  The rain increased in strength.  Then it paused just about the time I was leaving my house to go to vet.  I picked up cat and realized on way home the rain would have caused the lawn mowers to cancel mowing and there would be no problem in letting cat out in back yard.  I was grateful to God, knowing that HE helped me and cat.


*****

Another cat story ... I hadn't seen one of the outdoor cats in several days.  I was concerned for she had been operated on recently to stop kittens.  I prayed, asking God to please let me see Ruby if she was still alive.  That evening, I saw her on porch.  I thanked God.!


*****

One day something went wrong at my house.  Immediately it came into my mind to think on the things at my house that were right!  I began thinking of the various things that give me comfort and shelter at my house.  I began thanking God for these things that worked!  My countenance changed.

*****

A woman said to me, "If you don't have the Holy Spirit, you can't pray."

I replied, "I don't know about that."

The following day I was reminded of Cornelius to show me truth on this.

Acts 10 ...  There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,  A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.  

At the time Cornelius was praying, he did not have the Holy Spirit.  Cornelius was a Gentile, without hope, except that his fear was of God and his hope was in God even though he was without being Gentile.

Later the angel of the Lord appeared to Cornelius, saying: "Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God."  Acts 10:4

Peter preached to Cornelius and the Holy Spirit fell on Cornelius and his house and after that he was baptized.

Acts 10 ... Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:  But in every nation he that feareth HIM, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with HIM 


*****

So much begins with a fear of the LORD, fearing God ... "What does God think about this?"  ..."What does God want me to do?" ... "What is right in the sight of God?"

*****