Friday, April 13, 2012

Conclusion of whole matter

Pam Padgett ... teacher


Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 

It is God we are to fear ... not the devil, not other people, not thoughts brought by the devil, not the wisdom of man.  We are to fear God.

Recently, while considering this scripture, I thought of how if I truly fear God, I will try to do what I believe He has told me to do ... handling the Word received from God correctly, as we've received many exhortations to do ... not wanting to displease Him.  

Several scriptures were called to my attention recently to help me overcome fears, but I went the opposite way from many of these when fears from the devil came.  I need to become stronger in doing what we're told in those scriptures; turning to God and depending on Him to establish His will in the matter, strengthen me, help me, and uphold me when fears come from the devil.

I've been meditating in those scriptures, prayerfully considering how to do them and tried to do what I saw  to do. 

For example, I examined myself to see what I was concerned or anxious about, then prayed, laying out my requests in each matter to God.  (Phil 4:8 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.)   

I asked God for wisdom in some specific areas. (James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.)

Similar action was taken with several other scriptures. 

To help me in taking every thought captive to truth from God, I prayed and asked God to help me recognize thoughts I need to deal with, and also have started writing down these thoughts. 

In past,there were times when a thought would come to me, but I put off dealing with the thought and then let it slip away.  By trying to diligently write down these thoughts, it makes me very aware of the thought, keeps me from forgetting to deal with it by turning to God, and also gives me the opportunity to write down what I believe God shows me about each thought and meditate in those things. 

II Corinthians 10: 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;  6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. 


James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.