Sunday, April 29, 2012

Genealogies .

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I was reading Mt. 1 ... Usually I just skim over those genealogies ... but this time I read them carefully ...

I noticed the line of God ... Abraham, Isaac, Jacob ... David, Solomon

I thought about Isaac, the child of the promise, and the chosen of God and how he loved Esau ...

28And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob. (Gen. 25)

Isaac was of God but he loved Esau ... but the godly line was to go through Jacob not Esau.  We even read in NT that God hated Esau even before he was born.

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 9For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son. 10And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. Romans 9

Then I kept reading Mt. 1 ... and the godly line went from David through Solomon ... David had other sons but the line went through Solomon ...

David committed murder and adultery and Solomon was the result of adultery... Yet the godly line went through Solomon rather than through David's other children

I was thinking about the way our flesh wants to be perfect and works to be perfect but this is only perfection by flesh.

Perfection through God comes another way ... It comes directly through God.  And in above examples, even when the flesh sinned, the line came through God thus perfection through God.

You can never achieve perfection by your own works, by your own thinking, planning goodness ...

Perfection only comes through God, as you focus on what HE says to you and you try to do that. And as you report what God says.

You can find scripture by your own mind and avail nothing.  Even through it is scripture, it is "dead" when you put your hand to it.  You will only yield life as it comes from the Spirit of God.

63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life Jn. 6

(As I wrote the above, I was going to quote another scripture but what I heard is the above scripture so that is what I quoted here.)