Monday, April 16, 2012

Few find way of life

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Recently, when I went to bed, I heard, "Few there be that find it."
I thought about people who will take in some scripture but not all scripture
because they find some scripture offensive to their way of life.

I met a man once who said, "I never read the Bible because if I read the
Bible I would have to change."

This man was more honest than most people who read the Bible for they don't
even think about what they are reading as it would apply to their way of
life.  They are dead and don't realize they are dead."

-------------------

Years ago, I learned that a man from the church I attended at that time
was going to bars.  When I found out about this I told
him to do the following ... that before he went to the bar that night, I told him
to sit down and exhort me in writing concerning a Bible passage.  (This man was 
a teacher of a Bible class at that church group.)

He did this for several days and then stopped.  He stopped because he said
writing these exhortations to me this was causing him not to want to go to the bar.

-----------------------

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the
way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto
life, and few there be that find it.  Mt. 7


------------------------

Few will actually go in the way of God because it would cost them something.
To go in the way of God, I had to give up achievements.

14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus
Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.  Gal.
6


---------------------

Paul said:

7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea
doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the
knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all
things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, Phil. 3


------------------------

And after we have given up those things by the Holy Spirit, we look back
later and find those things we once cherished are nothing but vanity,
worthless, futile, useless, unprofitable.

So instead of giving up something, we were actually delivered from futility.
But at the time we stepped out to give them up because of the Word of God,
we saw only the Word of God and were trying to do the Word of God, leaving
behind that which conflicted with the Word of God.


Few will find the way of life.  (Mt. 7)