Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Holding confidence

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Hebrews 3: 12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end; 15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

In Hebrews 3:14 we’re told to hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end.  

 When  considering the “beginning of my confidence”, I recall that when I was first born again, my entire confidence was in God.  God was my only hope.  I had no hope in myself.  Only God could save me. 
Throughout our lives, through all we encounter, through all that we do, even when our flesh tries to rise up and exalt itself … God is our only hope

Without God, without the help HE gives us by HIS Word and the Holy Spirit, we have nothing solid to stand on as we live on this earth.  And without the way of salvation GOD has provided for us through the blood of Jesus Christ paying for our sins, we would have no hope for eternal life.