Saturday, April 21, 2012

Asking God how to do project

Pam Padgett ... teacher

When Joan first asked me to setup the blog, I prayed asking God to show me how to do this.  Then I started looking on the internet.  There was a lot of information about blogs on the internet and, at first, it was a little overwhelming.  I asked God how to sort through all of this.  I kept being impressed that we needed a blog that was simple, not elaborate, since the important thing is not the blog but the messages. 

This led me to start looking at tools available to setup a blog.  There were two or three that seemed worth looking into.  When I did this, the tool available on blogspot seemed to best allow the setup of a simple blog, so I chose it. 

After setting up a test blog, I realized that blogspot not only provided a tool to setup the blog, but also allowed our blog to run on their computers.  This is something I had realized we would need, but hadn’t focused on yet.  It was quite amazing to see how everything we needed was totally provided with blogspot, and there is no charge for this.  Also, when we later decided to use Google ads, there was no problem to link the ad to our blog. 

This morning I noticed that one of the other tools I had looked into would allow a blog to run on their computers without charge … but in order for Google ads to be used, one would need to have the blog run on yet another company’s computers at a charge.  More complexity and more cost. 

While thinking about this, I marveled in God.  With just the thought … that our blog needed to be simple … I was led to what has turned out to be easy for us in every way, even when we decided to use ads. 

I was reminded that God is able to make wise the simple …

Psalm 19: 7The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

=========================================================================