Sunday, April 22, 2012

My refuge

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Psalm 142:  5 I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.

That God is my portion in the land of the living stood out to me while reading Psalm 142.  I turned to God and ask for help in understanding this … how He is my portion?  I was reminded that God is my ….

-- provision
-- protection
-- comfort (console,  strengthen, give hope to)
-- wisdom
-- desire
(I was reminded of Psalm 42:1-2, which describes my heart …nothing on this earth compares to God and His word     As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.  2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? )

-- deliverance
-- rock (solid, firm, unchanging)
-- guidance
-- help


 I found it very faith-building to consider each of these things, and to be reminded of specific examples of how God is each of these things in my life.