Sunday, April 29, 2012

Avoiding achievements

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The NFL (Football) draft was on TV starting Thursday night.  For years, I have watched this but this time I did not watch it.  For the past 7 months, I have abstained from "achievement" of myself and others based on the leading of the Spirit of God by the following scripture ... 14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.Gal. 6

When I went to bed, I opened my Kindle e-reader to read my book.  Then I recalled I could get the results of the draft by going to ESPN Dallas on the Kindle.  I did this and began to read the names of the players drafted by the Cowboys.  Then I happened to see that a QB from Baylor was drafted by the Redskins (rivals of Cowboys) and I began to "fret" ... This would give us trouble for years.  Then I caught myself and shut down the Web and turned to God.  The next morning I awoke thinking of many things but one thing was football.  I haven't thought of this in months.  And as I thought of it the concern began ... Will we win?  Are our players good enough?  ... all nonsense but concerns.  I prayed again and put it aside.

But this is the way the flesh does.  If your weakness is decorating all you have to do to stir yourself up is to dip your toe into the paint can.  If your weakness is alcohol, all you have to do to set your flesh on fire is to stop and gaze at the bottles on the shelf of the grocery.  And so it is with each of our sins.

14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust (strong desire), and enticed. 15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1