Monday, April 16, 2012

Evidence that I really believe?

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Jesus said …

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me
While considering this verse, I thought of how Jesus is the Word.  Yet, even though we believe in God, the Creator of all things, it is sometimes more difficult to believe … to the point of doing … a word that the Spirit of God has drawn to our attention. 

When being led to look into a scripture, especially if it is one I have read many times before, I have sometimes been stopped by a thought … “Do I really believe this?”  … and examined myself.   A verse can seem so familiar that I assume I believe it, but that may not be the case. 

What is God saying in this verse? 

Do I truly believe this?

Is there any evidence in my life that I believe what I’m told here? 

Is my life conformed to this? 

Recently while dealing with fearfulness Isaiah 41:10 was called to my attention ...

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness Isaiah 41

A gentle thought came ... "Do I really believe this?".    I started considering "Do I really believe God is with me?", "Do I really believe God will strengthen, help, and uphold me?"    When prayerfully considering these questions, my eyes were opened to problem areas, giving me an opportunity to strongly turn to God with these things (and continue to turn to Him with them), allowing God to conform me to His Word in this area.

-------------------

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I stopped and examined myself by Pam's exhortation.

"Is there any evidence in my life that I believe what I’m told here? "

In Jn. 14 ... Jesus said, "ye believe in God, believe also in me"

There have been times that I have remembered that right now Jesus sits at the right hand of God and intercedes for me.  Right now!  The realization of this is "evidence" that I believe in HIM.  I know HE is sitting at the right hand of God interceding for me.   And I know the prayer Jesus prays for me will never fall short of my need.  And I know it will be answered.

1Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;  Heb. 8

24For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; Heb. 9

I thought that was such a strong line in Pam's email ... Is there any evidence in my life that I believe what I am told here?   What a good way for us to examine the scriptures that we think we believe.  What is the evidence in my life that shows that I really believe the word God has brought to my mind by His Spirit?