Monday, April 23, 2012

When minister says, "Send me your prayer requests."

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

II Kings 6 ... a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.  15And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?  16And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 17And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Romans 8 ... 31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth. 34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36As it is written,  For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

-------------

In the early 80's, I was on radio and at one point had an ad agency "helping" me.  At one point the representative from the agency was meeting with me and he said, "We just have one suggestion."  (Their suggestions were anything but suggestions.)

He said, "Add to your envelopes, SEND ME YOUR PRAYER REQUESTS."

I was horrified ... and replied, "I don't want to do that!"

The people in the room were shocked and the agency rep said, "You don't?"

I replied, "NO ... they should pray.  I don't want them sending their prayer requests to me."

The agency rep responded, "Well ... you're missing a good opportunity for when they send their prayer request they will usually enclose money."

I refused to do this and the agency quickly withdrew from representing me.  I thought I had failed for this was a very big name agency and handled many big ministers.


But God showed me I had not failed but succeeded ... for what had happened is I had resisted the same kind of temptation Jesus resisted when the devil appeared to Him, tempting HIM.

8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.  Mt. 4

----------

Concerning prayer ...I am shocked that so many ask me to pray for them ... Why don't they just pray?  Doesn't God answer their prayers?  Why do they think I can get something for them if they can't get it by prayer?  Don't they have faith?

We go to God through Jesus (not through another person) ...

When I have a need, I just pray.

 18For through HIM we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.  Eph. 2

-------------

When we pray we must do so in "faith" ... which means we have to have the will on God on the matter at hand.  If we pray according to HIS will, it will be answered.  If we pray according to our own will, it will not be answered.  I prayed according to my own will that I would marry.  It was not answered as I willed because it was not the will of God though I found numerous scriptures to justify my prayer.  It was not the will of God for me.  So no matter how many times I prayed or people in our church at the time prayed, it was not answered because it was not the will of God.

We have same example in the apostle Paul ...  8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
II Cor. 12


Then we have the example of Jesus praying that He would not have to go to the cross ...

41And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.  43And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. 44And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.  Lk. 22

So that which is the will of God in the matter at hand will be done.