Friday, April 20, 2012

True wisdom

Pam Padgett ... teacher

1 Corinthians 3: 18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

True wisdom is from God.  Yet worldly wisdom is all around us, such as about finances, nutrition, exercise, to name just a few areas.  Sometimes we find that we’ve taken in some of this. 

Rather than being wise in this world, we’re counseled to become a fool, so that we may be wise. 
One of the definitions of “fool” that I found interesting is: empty-headed person.  An empty-headed person would not have any idea of what to do about a matter. 

When we think we know what to do, we often forget to turn to God.  But when we don’t know what to do, we tend to quickly turn to God, asking Him what to do, seeking His wisdom.  And God gives His wisdom to those who ask in faith.  

James 1; 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Let us lay aside the wisdom of this world and turn to God in each matter we face, seeking His wisdom, which is true wisdom. 
=====================================================================

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Often I am a "fool" in this world ... not knowing when the elections are or who is running.  Failing to know all the medical information going about.  Concerning bodily, exercise believing the following:  8For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. I Tim. 4


I was born again in 1975.  At that time, I owned a business in Dallas.  After I was born again, all I cared about was the Bible and knowing the way of God.  I felt strongly led to set aside TV, plays, sporting events, everything other than the Bible and for the next 4 years this is what I did.  During that time, I went on buying trip for my business and one of my employees went with me and my parents met us in Albuquerque, NM.  As we were driving along the road they began speaking of Jimmy Carter.  I said, "Whose Jimmy Carter."  They were shocked.  I'd never heard his name before.  I think he had just been elected president of the United States.

God was at that time doing much re-creative work in me as I focused on Bible, giving up the old man for the new.  I chose to become a fool in the ways of this world.  And I still choose this.  Much of the things of this world do not interest me at all.  I usually do not see newscasts.  These just tickle our flesh and stir us up to evil mostly.  I found the 4 years I missed newscasts, I really didn't miss anything at all that was valuable to me.  I always knew God would show me if I needed to know.