Friday, April 27, 2012

Understanding Cain's sin

Joan Boney: apostle/prophet

3And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. 6And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. Gen. 4

 For several years, I would read the above scripture and look at the two offerings and I just couldn't understand why Cain's offering was not accepted. I would just say to God, "I really don't understand this."

When I don't understand something, I just talk to God and wait for HIM to bring light to me by HIS Spirit.  Sometimes HE will give me understanding immediately.  Other times, it will be days, weeks, months, or maybe even years.  Sometimes I still don't know.  Understanding is from God by His Spirit.   It is very dangerous to try to figure out spiritual things with your mind.  You could end up with fleshly wisdom that way.  I am only interested in that which God would give me by His Spirit. 

There is a vast difference between fleshly wisdom and the wisdom that is from the Spirit of God. 

Paul explained:   And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. I Cor. 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning Genesis 4 and the offerings of Cain and Able and the reason Cain's offering was accepted by God ... 

Recently God showed me to look closely at verse 7. There was something wrong with Cain's heart ... There was nothing wrong with the offering itself but the problem was sin in Cain... and the fact that God did not accept Cain's offering shows "sin lieth at the door."

I see this frequently. Someone will tell me some story thinking he did well and I know opposite and tell him and I see his "countenance" fall and most of the time that person is angry with me or resentful against me ... But I know sin lies at the door.

Sometime you just see the pride behind the email (the offering brought) ... Sometimes the person will tell of a work and you know that work is not of the Spirit of God but is of the flesh.  And each time the countenance of that person falls when he fails to be praised by man.

When you have something from the Spirit of God, you have no real reason to be proud in yourself since it was given to you by God and you did nothing to earn it.  God simply opened your understanding to see.  Therefore Paul said:  But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 4For I know nothing by myself; I Cor. 4

The pride of man runs rampant when we do it of our own ideas, our own reasoning's, our own flesh.

But when the work or the understanding or the idea is from the Spirit of God, the praise goes to God for we didn't do anything but listen to the Spirit and report what we heard.

Therefore I try to restrain myself from my own reasonings when I don't understand something.  I just pray and tell God I don't understand and when HE wills, in HIS time, sometimes HE gives me understanding and all of a sudden I understand that which was once hidden from me.  And there are some things I still don't understand even after telling God that I don't understand.

I know in part;  I Cor. 13

And I try to report that part that I believe to be from the Spirit of God for it is truth on the issue.