Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Overcoming church

Pam Padgett ... teacher

In Revelation 3 when writing to the angel of the church in Philadelphia, they were given the following promise.

Rev. 3: 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Through much of my life, I was a fairly active person, traveling as much as possible and hiking or skiing when at home.  I can remember reading this passage of scripture some years ago and thinking how awful being a pillar in the temple of God would be … a pillar would be completely still! 

But my life is much more still now, and I am very content.  I no longer desire to travel whenever an opportunity arises.  My “activities” consist mostly of taking the dogs for walks, going to the store as needed, and going to lunch once in a while with various people I once worked with.  This isn’t a change I set out to make for myself, and there aren’t even physical limitations.  Its just how my life is at this time, and I am quite satisfied. 

And now when I think about being a pillar in the temple of God,  I understand much more what a wonderful reward is promised here to those who overcome.
-----------

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

4Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.  Psa. 65

I was born again August 5, 1975.

I was chosen by God but I was not satisfied with the goodness of HIS house ...

I wanted to marry.  Everyone around me was praying for me to marry.  I found numerous scriptures to "stand on" ... "none shall want his mate" ... and such ... I dated several men.  One just disappeared after saying, "Joan, don't stop praying about our marrying."

I knew it was God stopping this.

One day a man I was dating was scheduled to come by to pick me up.  Before Bob arrived, I heard the following which I believed to be from Spirit of God ... "You can have all the money you want but you are not going to have this ..."  (I felt HE was saying I was not going to marry Bob ... but really HE was saying I would not be marrying anyone.)

I was about 35 when this happened.

When I was about 68, I met a man and we were going to be married in September, 2003 ... We broke up 2 months before the wedding.  I was very upset.  A few years later I was thanking God that I didn't marry Howard and to this day, I thank God I didn't marry Howard ... but I was upset at the time!

Finally, at 74 years old, I believe I am satisfied with the goodness of God's house!

And though I spent many years at a younger age upset with God because I believed HE was keeping me from marrying as I wanted to do, now I am grateful to God that HE kept me from marrying.