Tuesday, April 24, 2012

God is my comfort

Pam Padgett ... teacher

While considering that God is my comfort ...

I was reminded of how God used a dream that Joan had reported to comfort (strengthen) me when I saw the live 9/11 attacks broadcast.  A TV was on in a conference room at work, and several people were there watching the broadcast.  It was shocking to see the events unfold, and many people were visibly disturbed.  But I kept recalling a dream Joan had reported in 1999 in which ... I, Joan, looked toward the skyline of New York City and it was gone.  The only thing I could see was dust rising from the ground.  It was like implosion dust when buildings fall in on themselves.  

This part of the dream could have been a commentary for what we were seeing on TV.  Recalling this while seeing these events unfold, was very calming and stabilizing to me. God knew exactly what was going to happen.  It comforted me that He had given this dream to Joan, and had her report it to us, long before 9/11.  


Another time I was comforted by a dream ...
I had a dream in which my grandmother who lived in Oklahoma died, but no one told me this had happened.  Some months later, while talking with my mom, she casually mentioned that my grandmother had died.  When I asked when she had died, I learned it had been some weeks before. 

Because of the dream, I was not disturbed that no one had told me when she died.  God had known this was going to happen, and had shown mercy toward me by preparing me for it to happen.
=======================================================================

Joan Boney... apostle/prophet

God gave me 3 dreams which turned out to be the destruction of the World Trade Center twin towers ...although at the time I had the dreams I didn't know they pertained to World Trade Center.  When the event happened 9/11, I recalled each of these dreams.

Joan Boney / Dream / December 22, l981 . In this dream, I was in a tall, glass building. Something began to happen outside...Then we were sitting on the floor. From time to time the building would shake. It was as if "bombs" were exploding outside. There were several moments where the shaking was increased as if the main attack was around our building. At one point I thought the building might fall on us.  I remember thinking that this was not the first "bombing" but was the second. (The 1st bombing of the World Trade Center took place in early 1990's)
It was very clear to me that life as we had known it was over.

-------------------

Joan Boney / Dream / 1-10-99 . In this dream, my mother and I were in New York City. I looked out my hotel room and saw something strange happening. Things were falling. It was like a loading dock and items began falling off the dock all by themselves.

Then in the dream, we were in New Jersey. I looked toward the skyline of NYC and it was gone. The only thing I could see was dust rising from the ground. It was like implosion dust when buildings fall in on themselves. 

--------------------------------

After the fall of the Twin Towers, they would show the scene from New Jersey looking back to Manhattan ... The mushroom cloud type of dust where Twin Towers had been looked exactly like the above dream.

--------------


Then I had another dream which I would recall each time they showed on TV the ambulances and police cars racing toward the Twin Towers the day of the destruction ... This dream was given me in approximately 1982, but I didn't know what it was until 9/11 and the TV coverage then I remembered the dream of almost 20 years earlier...

I was in a diner and something happened ... one ambulance after another went past ... sirens everywhere 

------------------

I don't know why God would give me these dreams about the destruction of 9/11 ... but one thing was clear in the dream ... Life would never be the same for us again.