Monday, April 23, 2012

Dealing with thoughts

Pam Padgett: teacher

Recently, I was dealing with some thoughts brought by the devil, asking God to show me HIS truth. 

The Holy Spirit reminded me of two scriptures,

I Corinthians 2:12 ...Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 

Romans 8:26 ...Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

As I considered the truth that the Holy Spirit dwells in me and teaches me the words I am to speak, and that the Holy Spirit helps me in the areas of my weaknesses (infirmities), I was very aware of life coming back to me.  The lies from the devil were put to death, and truth from God restored life in me.  I turned to God and thanked Him for this, and was reminded of what we're told in John 6:63


It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit and they are life. Jn. 6:63