Monday, April 30, 2012

God sending you

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist

Several years ago A woman Gertrude Brown (a Jewish lady) lived in our apartment house.
She had severe dementia and I was aware that her husband and her sister had died. They lived with her. I was a fairly new Christian at the time, and at the time we had a car. We picked up our son James from his special Saturday program. I sat in the back with him. As I leaned my head back a little, the Holy Spirit put it in my heart to visit her. I had never done anything like this before, and was asking God to help me and advise me what to say. The next Monday morning I went to her apartment. A home attendant was taking care of her. This day Gertrude's mind was as clear as a bell. When she saw me she said "Where have you been, where have you been? I've been calling for you but didn't know how to reach you." I replied "God heard you calling me, and sent me to visit you." I then began to tell her about Jesus. That He is our Messiah. I asked her if she wanted to pray with me and ask Jesus to come into her life and save her. With that she opened up her big blue eyes and said "yes, yes." We prayed. After that I asked her aid what I could bring her when I visited her again. I was told that she likes ice cream, so the next day I bought vanilla ice cream and brought it
to her, but this time her mind was completely gone. A short while after that she died.