Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stopping tongue

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I was speaking with Pam by phone. My TV was on and muted.  Crawlers began showing across the bottom of the screen and as we talked I noticed the news headlines.  One headline really caught my attention and caused me to groan.  I strarted to tell Pam what I'd seen but the stopped myself.  It would not bring grace (cause her to glorify God).  It would cause her to groan inside as I had groaned.  I stopped my tongue.

29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.  Eph. 4

grace:  feeling of gratitude to God

Twice I was tempted to tell Pam the news story.  I knew each time the story would bring evil and not good.

Job said: 

3Then Job answered the LORD, and said, 4Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth. Job : 40


Question:  If I speak this will it cause the other person to have gratitude toward God?