Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Podcast: Evaluating our work and words, and evaluating what other people bring to us




Psalm 145:11-12

and (we) talk of THY power;   To make known to the sons of men HIS mighty acts,


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Comments by Joan Boney:

We can check ourselves, and others, by the above scripture:

* Are we talking about that which God has done in our lives?  Are they telling us that which God has done?

* Are we showing the works of God when we speak?  Are they showing the works of God by their words?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Examples:

# 1.  I saw the British Open Golf Tournament in July.   

Are we talking about what God has done?  Yes:     No: X
Are we showing the works of God?  Yes:    No: X


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

# 2.  As I looked at my 25 year old car, I was thinking about having new upholstery put on front seat, and I had the following bought to mind:  "Or you could just buy a new car."  I could buy a new car.  I had sold my house in Texas and had the cash in the bank from the sale of the house.

Are we talking about what God has done?  Yes:     No: 
Are we showing the works of God?  Yes:    No: 

Mt. 11:30   God's yoke is easy.  God's burden is light.
Jn. 16:13  The Holy Spirit "guides you".

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

# 3.  I began having trouble finding food to eat.  Nothing seemed to taste good.  I'm 83.  I began praying asking God to help me and show me what to do.  I began thinking about buying an outdoor grill.  I had the money so I could pay cash.  Several times in the next few weeks, I thought of a grill.  I bought a grill.

Are we talking about what God has done?  Yes:     No: 
Are we showing the works of God?  Yes:    No:

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

#  4.  Pastor wanted to build a new church building.  I asked Him:  What did God say to you about this?  Did God show you to build a new building?  Pastor did not answer me at all.  Two times pastor asked me to come see his building and "bless" his building.  Pastor's wife said they really wanted me to come see their work that they were planning.  Never did either of them mention anything about God.

Do we have any evidence that God is leading them to do this?   Yes:     No:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

# 5.   I had a dream:  A woman was singing.  I said, "It's a little voice, but it is a nice little voice."  Then in the dream there was a blog and I saw it was a way to communicate with the church.

Blog:  no cost to publish
Blog:  goes all over the world instantly
Blog:  no censor of materials written  (complete freedom in writing)


Do we have any evidence that God led me to start a blog?   Yes:    No:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

# 6.  Man comes to our house to do extermination work.  He identifies himself to me as a Christian.  Then this man says, "You could always pray that the mice would go to the house of neighbor that you hate."  I replied:  "I don't have any neighbors that I hate."  Later he began telling me that he goes on ministry trips to different cities each summer.  I asked:  "And how did God tell you to do this?"  He had no answer to this question.

Are we talking about what God has done?  Yes:     No: 
Are we showing the works of God?  Yes:    No: 


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


#7.  I saw a new TV series that has potential.

Are we talking about what God has done?  Yes:     No: X
Are we showing the works of God?  Yes:    No: X


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


# 8.  An announcement was made at church of a ministry trip with the singles class at church.  As a young woman, Pam Padgett signed up for this trip.  There was no mention of "howthey were to "minister".  The church was several hundred miles away, on the other side of the state.

No one knew what they were to do to "minister" when they arrived at the church.
Should there be a question about this "ministry trip" and who authored this?  God or man?


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


# 9.  In 1982, I was reading the following scripture from 2 Thessalonians 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first,

As I read this scripture, I heard these words which I believed to be information from God:  "This
 falling away are not people leaving the churches.  This falling away are the churches leaving the scripture."

Today is there evidence of churches having left portions of scripture and having set up new doctrines opposite to the instruction of the Bible in their groups?   Yes:       No:

Was this information given to me in 1982 likely a word of knowledge from God based on the evidence seen today in churches?   Yes:     No:



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The apostle Paul said:

I Thessalonians 5:21   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Do you do that concerning the things you say to others?   Yes:     No:
Do you evaluate what others say to you?  Yes:    No:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


One of our neighbors told Pam Padgett to tell me "hello" and also to tell me how much she enjoyed hearing the story of my old car.

Evaluation:  This neighbor didn't mention the scriptures which I sent to her concerning homosexuals and lesbians though I sent many scriptures on this subject to her:  Romans 1:26-28; Genesis 13:13; Genesis 19; I Kings 22:46; I Kings 15:12; 2 Kings 23:7; I Kings 14:24

A few days before this neighbor told this to Pam, I became aware of how much deception people carry to us and I began praying for God not to let me to be deceived or deluded.

After hearing the message from this neighbor, I was at first glad ... but then I was reminded that she said nothing about enjoying what I wrote where I shared those scriptures concerning homosexuals and lesbians!

I believe this tells the truth about this woman.  She does not delight in the scriptures, the Word of God.  But she wants to delight in that which she sees humans do.  

Many church going people are like this.

We need to pray that we not be deceived nor deluded by people.  

For these are indeed "perilous times". 

2 Timothy 3

1-4 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

(They tell you where they go to church.  They love their buildings and delight in their stained glass windows and in their pastors, but they do not love the Word of God!)

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;  (God teaches us.)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


And Jesus says:

Matthew 7:21-23  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that dayLord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯