Monday, July 26, 2021

Hymn: I love to tell the story




(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


 1.  I love to tell the story
Of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory,

Of Jesus and His love.
I love to tell the story,

Because I know ’tis true;
It satisfies my longings

As nothing else can do.

Chorus:

I love to tell the story,
’Twill be my theme in glory
To tell the old, old story

of Jesus and His love.


 2.  I love to tell the story;
More wonderful it seems
Than all the golden fancies

Of all my golden dreams,
I love to tell the story,

It did so much for me;
And that is just the reason

I tell it now to thee.

3.  I love to tell the story;
’Tis pleasant to repeat
What seems each time I tell it,

More wonderfully sweet.
I love to tell the story;

For some have never heard
The message of salvation

From God’s own holy Word.

4.  I love to tell the story;
For those who know it best
Seem hungering and thirsting

To hear it like the rest.
And when, in scenes of glory,

I sing the new, new song,
’Twill be the old, old story,

That I have loved so long.


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****

Scripture pertaining to this hymn:

Philemon v.6    That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

***

Romans 5:5-9   ... the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.  For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

But God commendeth HIS love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

***

Concerning telling the story of Jesus ... 

Every time I share that which God has shown me, I tell of God and His power to help us and guide us as we live on this present earth.

It seems I'm almost always sharing something with people who come to the house to work.  

And wherever I am, I share as the subject arises.

I never plan anything.  I just pray for God to have me say what HE wants me to say and it seems there is always something HE wants me to say.

I speak as issues and scripture are brought to memory.  This is the way the Holy Spirit leads me.


*****