Sunday, July 11, 2021

* Prayer: The key to peace as we wait for the return of Jesus.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

We must not slip away from prayer.  We connect with God by prayer.  By prayer we function soberly in a perverse world.

On Thursday, July 8, I found myself praying often throughout the day.  Great joy came upon me as a result.  And certainly thankfulness to God and peace and joy over all that God has done for me.

At 7:00 pm, Pam Padgett, with whom I share a house, came to me and said she thought her dog, Gus, had broken his leg.

As I sat there, I began immediately praying for Pam to know what to do.  If we should take Gus in to the animal emergency to please show Pam.  I hated for Gus to suffer through the night with pain.  I certainly prayed for the injury to be less severe than it appeared to be.  And I prayed for Pam to know where to take Gus for help.

Pam decided almost immediately to take Gus to the Animal Hospital as soon as she could get him loaded into the car.  I went with Pam.  A new emergency hospital had just opened in the area near the main grocery store where we live.  Pam called and they could take him immediately.  We were so relieved.

We were back home by 10:00 pm.  Gus did not have a broken leg but had stepped on something and cut one of the pads on one paw.  Although to heal, Pam will have to give a good deal of attention to Gus, and for the next 3 weeks the healing process should go through a type of normal restoration, it is so much less problem than a broken leg would have been.

I thought of how helped we were by God.  And what a wonderful thing it is to know whatever arises God will help us and we simply call on HIM and put our faith in HIM.

Instead of saying "why" did this happen, I truly rejoiced in the knowledge and assurance that no matter what happens, God will not fail us and God will show us what to do.

And we can even live in perfect peace in the midst of the problem when we turn immediately to God instead of complaining.

Several weeks ago, I was bombarded by thoughts:  "You're 83.  What if this happens?  What if that happens."  

I cried out, "God ... help me!"

Instantly the Holy Spirit spoke to me by a thought:  "God will supply all your need."

"That's right!"  I shouted!

When a problem surfaces, God will provide that which I need.  So why should I fear?

And that is the case as long as God chooses to leave us on this earth.

We can rest in the assurance of this promise.  For this is what will happen.

"God will not fail us nor forsake us."  (Josh. 1:5 & Heb. 13:5) 

The Holy Spirit of God will lead us and guide us and teach us and even show us things to come as needed. And the Holy Spirit reminds us of that which Jesus has said.  (John 14:26 & John 16:13)

We hold fast to scripture and do what the Word shows us to do and call on God as needed and keep our thanks to God.  And wait for Jesus to come get us and take us with all the elect of God to the new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.

John 10:27-29    Jesus says:   My sheep hear MY voice, and I know them, and they follow ME:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any pluck them out of MY hand.

29 MY Father, which gave them ME, is greater than all; and no  
(none) is able to pluck them out of MY Father's hand.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯