Monday, April 8, 2019

* When we complain we open the door for our own destruction


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In I Corinthians 10:10  we are warned against murmuring (complaining).

Things go wrong.  Objects break.  Murmuring is a type of complaining to ourselves, not necessarily to others.  Inside us we are "growling" (fussing) over the problem.  We allow ourselves to be pulled down by the problem as we murmur to ourselves concerning the problem.

***

Instead we must take immediate action through prayer, putting our faith in God immediately, connecting with God each time there is a problem.

By prayer and faith that God will help us, we avoid depressions that would come to us through failing to act to correct the problem.


***

And Jesus even warned us as follows concerning the necessity of prayer in the latter days.

Luke 21:36    Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

- watch:  Take note of the situation.  Do not ignore the problem.  Be alert, sober, on guard.

- pray:  Ask God what you should do?  Let your requests be made known unto God.

We make ourselves "worthy to escape" as we keep ourselves connected to God though prayer.


***


Murmuring.  Complaining.  Let me give you some examples.

Something happens and you say "Oh, how could that happen?  I just got everything straightened out.  And now this!"  

That is murmuring and complaining.


***

Instead of murmuring and complaining, we turn to God in prayer and ask, "What am I supposed to do about this?"

For it is a commission from Jesus, from God, to overcome as long as HE leaves us on this present earth.

And we know in all things God will give us wisdom if we ask HIM in faith.  James 1:5


***

In 2018, I had my front door repaired by Lubbock Lock and Key.  It would not lock.  It would not unlock.  It was a mess.  Lubbock Lock and Key took the lock out, tore the insides out, and completely rebuilt the inside of the lock.  And it worked fine.

Two months later, a woman said to me "This door will not unlock.  It won't open.  When it is unlocked it will not open."  

Inside me I'm thinking "I just had that door fixed."  (And there is a temptation to do nothing, moping over the fact that I just got the door fixed and shouldn't have to do anything.)  

But if it doesn't work, it has to be addressed again and dealt with until it does work.

Otherwise you're going to open a door for temptation to murmur and complain, displeasing God.  All of this displeases God.  HE was not pleased with them in the wilderness because they didn't overcome.

That is exactly what we read in I Corinthians 10:5  But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

We are overthrown in the wilderness of this life every time we allow something that goes wrong to rule over us, and we murmur and complain and fail to take action.

We are overcome in the wilderness when we let the problem linger without correction.

I prayed again about the door and one word was brought to my mind:  "contractor"

I called the man who built my house.  He sent a worker over to fix the door.  After he left I found the door did not work.  I called again and this time contractor came over to fix the door and then it worked!

This small problem took several attempts but finally was resolved.  Had I not done this, I believe there would have been murmuring each time I looked at the door or remembered the door.  This allow devils to frustrate us and we fail to overcome and we end up displeasing God.

But the worst thing of all is it shows a lack of faith in God when we do nothing about a problem.

Often we just don't see how God can get the answer to us.  But that too is a lack of faith in God.

Instead we must focus on God's ability … Our God created heaven and earth … How hard would that be?  Nothing is too hard for God.

Surely such a God can reach us with the answer, can't HE?


***

I Corinthians 10:1-10    Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;  And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat;  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 

(Christ The Word … God gave the Word to Moses and Moses gave The Word to the children of Israel and led them through the wilderness by the Word.  Today God gives HIS Word to us by HIS Spirit which brings The Word to our minds.  Certainly God could choose to bring The Word to us by another person but mostly He brings it to our mind directly by HIS Spirit who dwells in us.)

I Corinthians 10
   But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

(We are overthrown in the problems of this life when we fail to put our trust in God for HIS help.)

Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Neither murmur
(complain) ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.



Each of us need to take note of these possible problems and address problems by turning to God, putting our faith in God to help us, and by acting upon that which we believe God has shown us to do.


***


I moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado on February 24, 2019.

Since that time there have been many problems to overcome though it was God who led me to leave Texas and move to Colorado.

* The first problem resulted when we drove up to the house in Colorado. I was barely able to walk with walker. We found both the garage entrance to house and the front door entrance were higher than usual steps and I could not get up either step with walker. (Although I finally got up the front step, it was obvious this problem had to be addressed as soon as possible.) 

We started with prayer … asking God for help … asking God what to do.

Something was called to my mind. I thought of Pam's neighbor when he installed a stair lift. We called the company that he worked with and they had 3 possible solutions. I selected a ramp which they installed in garage. This completely eliminated the problem!

***


* When I left Texas, we listed the house there with a realtor. It became clear that we needed to change realtors.  I prayed asking God what to do about this and when to take action.  About 3 days after prayer, it was clear we needed to act immediately.  But who could we get as realtor in Lubbock. In 2002, when I moved to Lubbock, I worked with a realtor. But I couldn't remember her name. I went to Internet to see if there was a picture of this realtor. I felt I could recognize her. As I looked at photos of various realtors, a name came into my mind. (Bishop) Then I saw a photo of her and under the photo the name Carol Bishop. I believe it was God bringing her name to my mind.

***

Through the years, I have collected sound equipment for use with my TV.  We brought the items to Colorado but I decided to sell the equipment rather than use it. I have lost some hearing for higher frequencies and I thought it wasn't worth setting up the sound equipment. Also there was already a TV in my room which I could use.

Just before listing the equipment on Internet, a change of mind came over me and I decided to use my TV and the sound components.

Through prayer, I asked God for confirmation of this decision.

Then I realized the reason I purchased my TV the previous July was the size of the screen. I have an eye disease, glaucoma. It is being controlled but still makes it a little difficult to see smaller TV pictures. So I purchased 85" TV. The TV in room in Colorado is 58". My TV is currently stored in the basement of the Colorado house. I felt this was reason to make the change and confirmation from God after prayer.

***

I've found God has solution for everything that affects us.

The apostle Paul instructs:

Philippians 4:6-7  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


*****