Saturday, April 27, 2019

Changed within

Pam Padgett ... member of the body of Christ, and spiritual gift of helps


A few days ago I called my mom just to see how she was doing. Usually when we talk its not long before Mom starts telling me news about various people she knows.  But during this conversation, she didn't tell me any news about others at all.

Mom will be 87 next month and has many physical problems, yet she wasn't focused on these things either.

Instead, she told me how much she has been enjoying reading in the book of Psalms. Then she said she has also started reading in the book of John, reading a chapter every day.  Jared (my niece's husband) had told her about something he had been reading in the Bible, and Mom said she looked forward to reading that as well.

She sounded so joyful as she told me about reading the Bible.  I have never heard Mom talk like this before. She seemed very different, changed within.

I've been reminded of the following:

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.


*****