Monday, April 29, 2019

.

Hymn:  Blessed Assurance




(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1.   Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God, 


Born of His Spirit, 
washed in His blood.


Chorus:

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

This is my story, this is my song,

Praising my Savior all the day long.


2.   Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
 


3.   Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.



(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****

Scriptures pertaining to this hymn:

v. 2  Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.


Angels come down from heaven as commanded by God to do various works of God according to the will of God.

An angel of the Lord told Zacharias that his wife Elisabeth would bear a son and they should call his name John.  (Luke 1:11-17)

The angel Gabriel was sent to Mary to tell her she would have a son and to call his name Jesus.  (Luke 1:26-35)

An angel of the  Lord told the shepherds that the Savior, Christ the Lord, had been born and they could find him in a manger in Bethlehem.  (Luke 2:8-12)

An angel told Joseph not to fear to take Mary for his wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.  (Matthew 1:18-21)

In Matthew chapter two an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream to tell him to take Mary and Jesus and flee into Egypt.  (Matthew 2:13)

Later an angel told Joseph that they could go back into the land of Israel for the ruler who wanted to kill the baby Jesus was now dead.  (Matthew 2:19-20)

When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by Satan 40-days, angels ministered to Him.  (Mark 1:12-13)

An angel of God moved the great stone which sealed the tomb of Jesus. (Matthew 28:2)

An angel of God came down from heaven to free Peter from prison. (Acts 12:6-7 )

An angel delivered a message to the apostle Paul, telling Paul no harm would come to him and those on the ship. (Acts 27:23)


***

Genesis 28:10-12    And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

Angels descend, carrying messages from God and doing works of God.

Then angels go back to heaven where God assigns them as He wills.

Psalm 130:20   Bless the Lord, ye His angels, that excel in strength, that do His commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word.


***


(Comments by Joan Boney ...) The night of January 10, 1980, I was asleep and awakened by a very loud trumpet-like voice which blew 3 words into my ear as follows: "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" ... I believe this to have been an angel of God speaking to me. By this and through prayer, I came to believe God was leading me to go on radio. Within about 5 days of this word, I was broadcasting exhortations week-days on KWJS radio. Within a year I was on radio stations from NYC (Hartford) to Seattle.


***


Psalm 104:4   Who maketh His angels spirits; His ministers a flaming fire:


***


Exodus 23:20-25    God says:    Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

***

It is not so much delighting in the fact that an angel appeared to you but rather delighting and following that word which the angel of God delivered to you.

Share the Word.

Focus on the Word.



*****