Thursday, April 18, 2019

When you reach the age of 80+, does it mean you have to deteriorate physically until you die?


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

I am currently 81-years-old, and have had multiple falls, once by becoming entangled in long robe, another time falling over a box, and another by tripping on house shoe.  None of my falls have been due to physical problems such as weakness of legs or dizziness. My falls were external accidents.

At my age, it would be normal thing to think physical things would only go downhill from here … but that is not necessarily so.


***

Many years ago, God called my attention to the following scripture:

Deuteronomy 34:7    And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

The concept God gave me at the time HE showed me this truth is:  You do not have to be ill to die.  You can just grow old and one day "fall asleep" which is what happened to Moses.  (Death is simply falling asleep.)


***

Our physical bodies are subject to corruption... emotional problems, disease … and they will not go with us when we are removed from this earth (I Corinthians 15) … for there will be no pain nor sorrow in heaven and the physical body is the reason for both pain and sorrow.  (Revelation 21:4)

Our spirit is taken out of our physical body and God gives us a "new body" as HE wills at the end.  (I Corinthians 15)

But many do escape emotional problems on this earth after they are born again by prayer and by deliberately focusing on special scripture and agreeing with that scripture rather than siding with the concepts brought forth by worldly people.

For example:  There is a widely held belief that bodily exercise is good for you and even essential.

But the Bible says:  

I Timothy 4:7-8    But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.


***

I have undergone several months of physical therapy due to an accident where I tripped over my house shoe and fell and broke left wrist and left hip.

My current therapist said this to me:  "I used to think I was a pretty good therapist but I have come to conclusion that the body simply heals and makes corrections, given time, without my doing anything."

(This is exactly what I believe.)

I told therapist that she is still valuable, for a therapist is good teacher in helping us to use shower safely and showing us safe ways to negotiate steps with walker or cane...and therapist is good at evaluating problems and in negotiating problem areas in your current house and environment.

But I have never believed the exercises most therapists give me will help me recover.  I have found time is the key to recovery.  Just rest and stop if there is pain and don't force your body.  When there is no pain then I know I'm healed.

A woman broke a rotary cup in shoulder in 2018.  She asked her doctor how she could tell if she was healed. 

Doctor replied, "You will  know you are healed when there is no pain."


*** 

I do not mind doing a very small amount of exercise but my faith is not in exercise because I know what Bible says:  "Bodily exercise profitteth little."  (I Timothy 4:8)


***

Jesus says:  lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.  (Matthew 28:20)

I believe Jesus is with us here on this present earth as long as HE leaves us on this earth.  Jesus guides us and shows us what to, teaching us all things to help us to endure this life.  (John 14:26 & John 16:13)

If we need doctor, we go to doctor.   Some things correct themselves given a few days.  Some things are corrected by changing diet.  But in all things God gives HIS children HIS wisdom to see which way to go to deal with the issue.

***

The world cannot live the way we, the children of God, live.

I Corinthians 2:14   But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.


***

I just focus on that which God told many years ago:  "You do not have to be physically ill to die."  

I do not let myself think, at age of 81, "It's all going to be downhill from now …"  for that is not necessarily true!

I just turn to God in prayer when those negative thoughts come and ask God to help me... and I remember the example of Moses at his death: And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.   (Deuteronomy 34:7)


*****