Thursday, April 25, 2019

Going out of your way to do that which is right in the sight of God


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

NT apostle, minister anointed by God to deal with scripture and church doctrine based on scripture.

NT prophet, minister anointed by God to bring correction to church, to correct both ministers and individuals.


***

Here is a parable where Jesus teaches us to "go the extra mile" to help those who need help.

Luke 10:25-37    And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted Him (Jesus), saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

And HE (Jesus) said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.


But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?


And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

(The priest went out of his way to avoid the injured man, not wanting to see the problem or to deal with the problem.)

And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

(Levites were equipped by God to deal with people and yet the Levite deliberately avoided this helpless man.)

But a certain Samaritan
, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.


(This Samaritan "went to him" … He made effort to get to the injured man.  The priest and Levite did what they could to avoid this helpless man.)


And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

And he said, He that shewed mercy on him.

Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.



***

When we have the Word of God and share that Word with a needy person, I think we do all that we can do to help that one who needs the Word.


***

My cousin wrote me telling me of a problem she was having at night with loneliness.  She mentioned her husband dying 10 years ago.  This cousin has gone to church all her life but I see her as having a need.  She needs to learn to turn to God every time she begins to feel lonely.  She needs to pray in faith, believing God will help her not to be lonely... believing God will do something to help her that same night ... This will work when she does this by faith in God.  Then she will not be lonely.  But she must do this each time the loneliness comes upon her.

Then I sent a package of materials to her after sending the above information by letter.

This cousin is deaf so I can't call her by phone.  But she said she does read.

I asked her if she can work computer.  If so she could get this blog daily for daily edification in things of God.

(Then we printed one of the daily blogs and enclosed it in a package of materials which also contained one of my books, DEALING WITH DESTRUCTIVE THOUGHTS, and mailed it to her.)

The following day, I sent letter to my cousin, advising her concerning reading my book. 

I told her I keep the books in my bathroom and use a paper clip to keep my place in the book.

When I am in bath, I read a small portion of the book, hoping to get the scripture deeper into me and taking note also of the concept presented with the scripture, examining myself to see if I am actually doing that scripture ... making changes as needed in my life. 

I recommended she do this with the book I sent to her.

If she can receive what I said to her, I know she will be greatly helped.

This effort took about 4 different mailings by US mail.  But there was a chance it could help her in her need ...  so how could I not do this?


***

Luke 9:11   And the people, when they knew it, followed Him: and HE received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.

My cousin had need of healing.  I had information from God which had power to help her if she could receive the information.  

I didn't know if she would apply the information to her life.

But it was my responsibility to lay down my life for this cousin and send it to her.

And we do lay down our life each time we share truth from God with another person.

So we simply share.

*****