Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Old Testament priests / New Testament ministers


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

Changes come between Old Testament and New Testament.

In OT, the priests were from tribe of Levi, Moses and Aaron examples.

In NT, Jesus, who was of tribe of Judah not Levi, came with establishment of New Covenant, whereby all who came to God came through Jesus by faith in Jesus rather than by the OT law.


***

In OT, priests were clothed with special garments.

But Jesus spoke as follows:

Matthew 23:5-10   But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.


***

NT ministers of Bible are no longer identified as priests but are named as apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers.

Ephesians 4:8;11-12     Wherefore HE saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men...

And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:


***

In the New Testament, after the crucifixion/resurrection of Jesus, the Holy Spirit was given to all children of God.  (Eph. 1)

Ministers such as Peter and Paul identified themselves as apostle/elder (Peter) and apostle/teacher (Paul).

There is no evidence from Bible that NT ministers wore any clothing identifying themselves as ministers.  The word they spoke and the works they did through God showed them to be ministers of God.

And Paul said:  

I Corinthians 2:1-4    And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and HIM crucified.

And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.


***

Jesus warned us about the last days … Jesus said:

Matthew 24:4    Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

In the last days, many preachers will come saying "Jesus is Lord … Jesus is the Christ" … and because they say that, many will listen to them and be deceived by these preachers.

***

Paul spoke of the perversion that would come into the church through their own men who would rise up after he departed.

Acts 20:25-30    And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.


***

And before Jesus returns, antichrist comes into the "temple of God", into the church gathering.

This happens as church groups change scripture to another doctrine.

We have already seen this in most church groups as they have departed from the following scriptures and have set up another doctrine which pleases many humans.

Bible says:

Matthew 5:32  Jesus says:    But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.


I Corinthians 7:10-11    And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.



***

But all this had to happen before the day of the Lord, before Jesus returns.

II Thessalonians 2:3-4    Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (the return of Jesus / The day of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;  Who opposeth (opposes scripture) and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Paul says before Jesus returns the following will happen "in the temple of God", in the church.

* Churches will "fall away" from scripture … setting up another doctrine that opposes scripture.

* Antichrist will then come into the church when the church accepts the changing of doctrine away from Bible.  And antichrist, who opposes the instruction given in the scripture, will exalt himself above the scripture showing himself to be god over the HOLY scriptures, thus ruling over the Bible itself.

We see this happening now in church groups everywhere as rules concerning divorce/remarriage are changed and homosexuals are approved and accepted into the church group and drunkenness is called a disease instead of a sin.

These are end time church happenings told us in Bible.

Antichrist is not one man but is a spirit in many men, thus the apostle John says there were already "many" antichrists trying to rule over the church in his day, drawing away church goer to themselves.

I John 2:18     Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

(As the devil is a spirit operating in many men, antichrist is a spirit operating today in many men.  The one thing antichrist does is oppose scripture, thus setting up other doctrines in the church group.
Paul said men would bring in perverse doctrines.)

Acts 20:25-30   … the apostle Paul says  …   And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.


Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.  For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.


Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

(This perversion we are seeing now in the church groups as scriptures are changed and other doctrines set up in the church group.)


***



Poison Gas Dream

This dream was given me by God in 1979, showing me the church being gassed to death by the speakers.

In the dream, destruction was everywhere. (in the churches)

I went into a room where a man was speaking to a group of people.  I sat down to listen.

Another man rushed into the room and said:  "Stop … wait … can't you see … it's too late … it's already begun."

The first man resumed speaking.

(No one paid any attention to that which was spoken by the second man.)

I looked out the windows to see what had "already begun".

I was shocked and very alarmed by that which I saw.

There was a civil defense type yellow speaker set on top of a tall pole.  The speaker was set there for purpose of warning the people.  But out of the speaker came a type of gas.  It was poison and would kill the people it was supposed to warn.  And the gas was coming directly toward our group!

I looked at the man who was sitting beside me.  He had a big smile on his face and he was looking attentively at the man who was speaking to the group.  But then I realized this attentive listener was actually a corpse.  He was dead.

Then I looked about the room and saw everyone who seemed to be listening were dead people.

And as I sat among them, I felt sleepy.  I knew the gas coming from the speaker was killing me too as I sat there among them.



*****