Monday, April 29, 2019

Healed and changed instantly by God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

NT apostle, minister anointed by God to deal with scripture and church doctrine based on scripture

NT prophet, minister anointed by God to bring correction to church, to correct both ministers and individuals.


***

Through several decades, I thrilled when I saw a Texas flag or the outline of the state of Texas.

When I moved to Colorado in 2019, I put a small Texas flag on a table under my TV.  I ordered some decals of state of Texas and put on my wheelchair because I delighted it seeing these images.  (I didn't put those emblems out so others would know I was from Texas.  I put them there because I wanted to see them.)

***

In April 2019, an occasion arose whereby I made the statement that I love Texas.

Immediately my attention was directed to this:  "Why do I love Texas?"

I began to examine this ... Why do I?

I thought of the stories concerning the Alamo ... of not giving up and laying down your life for that which you believe.  

And I realized that when I heard these things I was actually relating to Bible ... clinging to scripture and promises of God in the face of pending destruction from enemy ... refusing to give up Bible.

Instantly I was changed by God.  

At first, I didn't recognize I had been changed.  But in a few days, I noticed the Texas flag on my table and realized it meant nothing to me.  The same was true of an emblem of the state of Texas which I had placed on my walker.  The tip of that emblem was coming loose.  I reached over and pulled on the emblem and the whole emblem came loose.  I wadded it up and put it into the garbage and thought no more of it.

***

We can try to change in something and devise ways to change only to fail ... sort of the way we fail in New Year's resolutions made by our flesh.

But when God changes us, it is instant and permanent.

Sometimes we don't even recognize the change has happened to us until later and we know we don't feel the same.


***

When Jesus returns to gather the church to Himself, some of the church will still be alive on the earth at the time of the return.

We read in Bible, those who are alive will be changed "instantly" ... in the blink of the eye.

Such persons will be removed from the fleshly body in which they have lived and will be given a new body as pleases God.  But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased Him.  (I Corinthians 15:38)

I Corinthians 15:49-53    And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep
(die), but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 

(Blink your eyes ... that is how fast the change will occur.)

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.


For the physical bodies we now have are "subject to corruption", meaning disease, decay, sorrow.  These current bodies can never inherit the kingdom of God.  Therefore God changes them in the blink of an eye.

When we are gathered together to meet Jesus "in the air", we will live in the "new" Jerusalem which is not of this present earth for this present earth will be destroyed by God.

God creates a "new" heaven and a "new" earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Both Peter and John speak of this in the following scriptures.

II Peter 3:10-14    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved
, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.


Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.


***

The new heavens and new earth shown to the apostle John:

Revelation 21:1-5    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be HIS people, and God HIMSELF shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And HE that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.





*****