Saturday, April 13, 2019

Doing Mark 9


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

For the past 40-years, since I've been born again, I've been doing a section of scripture without  realizing I was doing those verses.

Mark 9:43-48   Jesus said:    And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:  Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:  Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

***

Often along the years, I would encounter a person who said he was a Christian but when his way did not agree with scripture and I pointed this out to him, he rejected the scripture and tried to explain away Bible.

In such cases I would withdraw from such a person and "cut off" my association with such and refuse to keep company with him.

Sometimes the thought would come that I would end up being totally alone and have no one to help me.  (Thought from devil)

But regardless of perceived cost to me, I would cut him off for I found him an offense against God and Bible.  And he did offend me by his rejection of scripture.

As I reread Mark 9 one day, God gave me understanding of verses 43-48, and I saw this was what Jesus was telling us to do … When they reject Bible while saying they are Christian and go in a way opposite to instruction of scripture, "pluck them out", though they be as an eye to you.


***

Pam Padgett was engaged to a man who had children by previous wife.  She had committed fornication and adultery so they divorced.  This was apparently a divorce which permitted him to remarry because she had committed fornication against him.  (Matthew 5:32)

Before they married, he told Pam his son was getting ready to marry a woman who was divorced.

Pam shared this scripture with Chuck and told him if his son married a divorced woman he would commit adultery.

Matthew 5:32    Jesus said:  whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Chuck no longer wanted to marry Pam after she shared the truth of this scripture.

I have no doubt she was spared by not marrying him.

***

During the 1980's, I had an agency helping me with my radio stations and speaking tours.  But they made several "suggestions" conflicting with what I felt God told me through Bible.  

One thing they wanted me to do was to put following on my envelopes and printed materials:  "Send me your prayer requests"

I was horrified at this idea for I felt the Bible taught us we pray through Jesus by going directly to God.  

The agency then "forbade" me to send printed materials directly to the church without them (the agency) editing my writings.  The agency did not want to offend anyone!  The Bible itself is an offence to the lawbreakers and often church people are doing things opposite to Bible and the office of prophet in church is set there to turn them away from their own way and to get them to return to the Word of God.  To go along with this agency would be to destroy the work of prophet.

I was only with them for about 4 months before they dissolved association with me.

The agency was very powerful and could cause thousands to attend meetings and give money.  I knew I had "blown it" by refusing to go their way and by clinging to what I believed God had said.

The cost to me was very great.

Paul said:  Philippians 3:7-9    But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in HIM,

And God reminded me of the following temptation suffered by Jesus:

Luke 5:8    And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

If thou therefore wilt worship me
(obey me), all shall be thine.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve.


***

Make no mistake.  The devil can reward you on this earth.  But this present earth is going to be destroyed in the end. 

II Peter 3:10-14    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless. 


*****