Friday, March 8, 2019

When fears come upon us


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I moved from Lubbock, Texas, to Colorado Springs, Colorado, on February 24, 2019, due to some falls which caused me to need help.  Pam Padgett, in our church group, took me into her home.  We enrolled in Home Help Care even before reaching Colorado Springs so therapy is set up here and has already begun.


Extreme fear came upon me last night.

 I have no doctor nor nurse practitioner in Colorado Springs yet.

The one we applied to will not prescribe ambium nor pain medicine.

I'm still having to take occasional pain medicine ... what if I run out?

In Lubbock I could easily find a nurse practitioner, one was on every corner, but here I'm lost.  I don't even know where a clinic is.

And even if I did know, I can't get out of the house until the ramp is installed next week.

I really went through fear.

I prayed ... "God, I'm so afraid ..."  I prayed this several times.

I tried to focus on scripture, my God shall supply all your need .... This morning Pam said that scripture was brought to her in the night.

Finally I turned on tv and watched comedies until I fell asleep with tv going.

Today I'm fine and Pam is trying to find someone for me.

Fear happens.


*****

This morning I am "rational" again.  Fears can make you a little crazy.

I know the truth of these promises from Bible.

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Mt. 28:20 ... Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Heb 13:5   Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.


I made my mind focus on these while Pam got on phone and tried to set up doctor's appointment with someone!


*****

Hymn:  Standing on the promises




(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1.  Standing on the promises of Christ my King, 
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,

Standing on the promises of God.

Chorus:

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of
Christ my Savior;
Standing, standing,

I’m standing on the promises of God.


2.   Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,

Standing on the promises of God.

3.  Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,

Standing on the promises of God.

4.  Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,

Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises of God.

5.  Standing on the promises I shall not fall,
List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call.
Resting in my Savior as my All in all,

Standing on the promises of God.


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****