Sunday, March 24, 2019

God helps us by having the Holy Spirit bring ideas to our minds


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus told HIS disciples they would receive power when the Holy Spirit came.  Acts 1

The Holy Spirit dwells in each believer and is a mighty power of God, for the Holy Spirit searches the mind of God on the issues we face in this life and shows us what to do that we can overcome the problems and have victory through following God.

I Corinthians 2:11-12    For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

***

As humans, we often come up with ideas that are less than satisfactory and as we try to implement the plan we run into unsuspected difficulty.

I purchased a small exercise machine, which was similar to moving bicycle pedals, to help strengthen my legs and hopefully help me to keep from falling in future.  (I am 81 as I write this.)

The physical therapist who is working with me showed me to sit in a wheelchair for the correct height to best use the machine.  Then she moved the exercise pedals on the floor to the proper distance from my feet.

The exercise machine is small, but heavy, to hold it into position on the floor and keep it from sliding.

As I watched Pam Padgett struggle to slide the machine in place in front of me, I was troubled.  One night I told God how hard this was for Pam to move the little machine to the proper place in front of my chair and how I wished Pam did not have to do this.

Instantly an idea came to my mind.  Instead of moving the machine, set the machine in a "permanent" location, get into wheelchair, and roll wheelchair up to the machine.

I laughed for it is so obvious and simple.  Wheelchairs are built to move.

This allows me to get placed at the exercise machine without any help from any human.  It gives me complete independence.

I knew that idea was God showing me something that we had been missing.  God does this for us by bringing an idea to our minds concerning the issue at hand.

I took this action and it works perfectly.


***

There is a small bathroom across the hallway from my bedroom.  But I had been using a porta-potty instead of going by walker to that small bathroom.

The therapist kept encouraging me to use the walker and go to the bath across the hall.

But I was being blocked from doing this by something I perceived as a problem.  I knew what the problem was but I didn't tell Pam nor the therapist so they did not know. 

I Corinthians 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?

One day I told Pam and therapist I was being blocked by a heated blanket on the left side of my chair.  Each time I considered taking walker through that area, I would think of the cords on that blanket and the bulk of the blanket itself and be afraid the leg of the walker might get hung up on the cords or material.

As soon as they learned of my blockage, they took steps to move the blanket to right side of chair and completely freed the opening leading from bedroom to adjacent bath.

But as long as I kept the problem to myself (in my own spirit), therapist and Pam didn't know.

God knows answers to all problems.  The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God and brings to our minds the solution and the way of God for us.

***

Four things the Holy Spirit does for each believer.

- He teaches us all things.  (spiritual & secular)
- He reminds us of all Jesus has said.
- He guides us into all truth.
- He shows us things to come.

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever HE shall hear, that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

***

Sometimes your own fleshly preferences can override what God is trying to show you.  So you must be aware of this.

Also thoughts (ideas) opposite to the idea brought by Holy Spirit can come from devil trying to block you from doing what Holy Spirit shows you.

The devil is always opposite to God's way and will try to get us to go another way.


***

You can identify God wisdom by the following characteristics.

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.



*****