Saturday, March 23, 2019

By what authority do you speak and do these things?


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A woman once said to me, "I don't see that you have any right to speak evil about my church."

But her church was doing evil against the Bible.

Jesus said:  Matthew 23:8-10  But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.   And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.  Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Her church group called their ministers "Father".

Jesus said not to do this.

***


Matthew 21:23   And when HE (Jesus) was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto Him as He was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?

***

Multiple times during the past 40 years, I have had individuals ask the above question one way or another.

For the most part, I try to skip over their question, knowing that if they were of God they would recognize what I spoke was of God and if they were not of God they would not understand if I tried to explain the Word I spoke.

The Word shows the authority.  The authority is the Word.

***

Pam Padgett had a dream a few years ago the I was her "supervisor."

It definitely came to pass from approximately 2012 on.

God gave me a dream showing me to start a blog.  Knowing that Pam had been a computer programmer at Fed Ex, I called her immediately asking her if she could set up a blog for us.

She did this wonderfully and quickly and within 3 days we were publishing all over the world, without any expense to the ministry:  Jesus Ministries Exhortations

Later we began writing books on Amazon and Pam did all the technical work required to publish on Amazon.  To date we have approximately 35 books with Amazon and are writing another book on teaching through hymns and spiritual songs.  These books go all over the world without cost to the ministry.  Also Amazon has a "free book" program which allows us to offer free e-books daily.

Pam and I work perfectly and effortlessly together.  When God puts something together it is truly a sight to behold!

Another woman wanted to do what Pam was doing and there was nothing but trouble each time she tried to help.  She ended up leaving our church group in 2018 and told me she no longer cared about anything.  (Her words are not true because I know she cares about her little dog.)  She bought into thoughts of devil, for devil is liar and there is no truth in him.  John 8

***

When God is the authority behind that which we do, it is wonderful!

Thinking on some of the many things God authored in my life, are the following.

* August 5, 1975 ... By HIS Spirit, God brought the following words to my mind.  "Joan ... You know all these mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

I was very shocked!

"Sins?"  I gasped.

With that I was changed forever by God's Word to me.  I was born again, made to be a child of God.

I had gone forward at a church years earlier, when I was about 15, and had been baptized but I was not born again.  I just didn't want to go to hell and by what I heard at that church I did what I thought would keep me from going to hell.  But nothing changed in the way I lived for there was no Spirit of God to lead me nor to show me sin.

***

* Taken into heaven in the night as I slept ... Shortly after I was born again, a few days after, as I slept in the night, God transported me into heaven.  I was with God, with Jesus, with the Holy Spirit.  I saw no images.  It was Spirit only but I knew I was with them.  At that time I was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with The WORD of God, while God and the Holy Spirit witnessed.  

This same thing happened to me a second time, a few nights after the first time.

I was on fire for the Bible and the church and all things pertaining to God after that.

Later I came to believe these two happenings set me into the call of God that was upon my life... the ministry offices of apostle/prophet.

***

* 1975 Onward ...  God began teaching me various scriptures to show me how to operate in the offices to which I had been placed by God.

The first thing I member God showing me is the following:

John 5:30 ...Jesus said:  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

God taught me that even Jesus could do nothing except what HE heard from God to do.

I must do only those things the Holy Spirit showed me to do.  I must speak those things the Holy Spirit spoke.

God showed me to read Bible constantly and to depend upon the Holy Spirit to bring to my mind what to write and what to speak.

God took me to the following scriptures to teach me about the Holy Spirit.  (I spent many months in these scriptures allowing God's truth of HIS word to develop in me.)

I Corinthians 2 ... 1-5   And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.  For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.  And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.


And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

(God taught me not to try to entice people with clever stories but rather to speak the things brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit as I stood before people or as I wrote.)

***

I Corinthians 2 ... 9-13   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

God taught me to just keep reading Bible and when I went before people to depend on the Holy Spirit to bring to my mind the scriptures or examples God wanted to me speak or write to the people.

God knows the needs of the people.  I don't.

***

*  And God taught me the following 4 things the Holy Spirit does inside each believer.

John 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 16:13 ... Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever HE shall hear, that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

I learned to depend on the Holy Spirit to do these things for me in all phases of this life as I lived on this present earth.

The Holy Spirit ...  teaches us all things ... reminds us of all Jesus has said ... guides us into all truth ... and shows us things to come.

***

In the mid-1970's, I owned a business in American Indian Arts in Dallas, Texas.

During that time I received a phone call from a man in Houston.  His wife had just started a business in American Indian arts and people he spoke to recommended that he talk with me.

He said he was a graduate of Harvard Business School

I was horrified!

I explained to him that I don't know anything about business.

But he could not be discouraged.

He came to speak with me in Dallas.

His first question to me was:  What is your merchandising plan?

Certainly I was praying for God to give me wisdom as I spoke to him.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I replied:  "I am a Christian.  Before I go to the reservations to buy jewelry, I ask God to have the Indian artists make the items I am to purchase.  When I get to the reservation, I pray for God to show me the items I was to purchase for the shop.  Then as I returned home, I prayed for God to send out the angels to bring in the people to buy the items."

The man replied:  "Well ... that's a form of marketing ..." and he left my shop with no more questions.

***

God taught me to depend on the Holy Spirit in all things and it never failed.

So who is my authority as I write to you?

*****

Hymn:  HE LEADETH ME



(Click forward arrow > to play music:) 


1. He leadeth me! O blessed thought, 
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught;
Whate’er I do, where’er I be,
Still ’tis Christ’s WORD that leadeth me.


Chorus:

He leadeth me! He leadeth me!
By His own WORD He leadeth me;

His faithful follower I would be,
For by His WORD He leadeth me. 

2.  Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
Still ’tis His WORD that leadeth me.
 

3.  Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine (by reaching out and grabbing HIS Word and doing it),

Nor ever murmur or repine; *
 

Content, whatever lot I see,
Since it is Thou that leadest me.
 

4.  And when my task on earth is done,
When, by Thy grace, the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
 

Since Thou in triumph leadest me.

***

Consider these definitions for the words "murmur" and "repine" in verse 3.

Nor ever murmur or repine;


murmur:  complain about the instruction of the Word of God

repine:  to look back with intense longing for what one once had...
             to be fretfully discontented...
             to mope, to languish, to feel upset about, to be despondent over ... to brood, lament, grieve, mourn, sorrow


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****