Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the past I have made many errors, mistakes, and sins and memories of those sometimes come to my mind.  But, when that happens, I just stop and refuse to think on those things and cause my mind to think on the following truth:

I John 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

By His own blood He bought me and freed me, and it is only by His blood that I can be free on this earth from my sins.  The memories may try to come, but I must not entertain them.  Instead, I must dwell on this truth that I have been purchased by Jesus Christ and my sins have been paid for by His blood.

Only He is worthy.  I could never pay for my sins by my works.  And without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.

You have to have this concept to enter into the peace bought for you.

Your sins cannot be paid for except by blood.  Well, has any blood been shed for you?  Certainly you haven't shed your own blood for your sins.   But the blood of Jesus been shed for your sins.

So keep this concept before you.

Only Jesus is worthy.  You can never be worthy, except through Him.

Revelation 5:9   And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by Thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;


In the hymn, "Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow'r", we have the question raised ... "Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?"

It is up to each one of us to do that.  Each time you sing this hymn and get to that verse, examine yourself.  That's what I try to do.  Am I fully trusting in His grace?  Or am I fretting over something that I have done?

Well, I refuse to fret over my sins and past errors.  There are even some times I am persuaded that the devil wants to torment me and remind me of the past and tell me it was a sin when it wasn't even a sin.  Other times, it was a sin.  But either way, I do not want to torment myself on this earth when it is unnecessary.

Instead, I want to think on the fact that it was Jesus' blood that bought me and paid for my sins.  And no matter what I have done in the past, Jesus paid for it with His blood.

After we are born again, we do not want to sin.  I am speaking of all the times before I was born again that I sinned.  And I am talking of the times after I was born again that I argued and should have backed off. And the many sins we do in ignorance.

All that is paid for.

We have to enter in by believing in what Jesus did and accepting that HE paid for our sins.  And we walk in freedom because of that.


Romans 5:7-8   For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

So when you sing the following hymn, stop and think on these things and enter into joy.

To grieve over the death of Jesus defeats the purpose of the will of God in saving us.  We should be joyful over His payment for our sins.


*****


Hymn:   Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow'r




(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1.  Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow’r?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?


Chorus:

Are you washed …
  in the blood,

In the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?

Are your garments spotless? 
Are they white as snow?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?


2.  Are you walking daily by the Savior’s side?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Do you rest each moment in the Crucified?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?


3.  When the Bridegroom cometh will your robes be white!
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Will your soul be ready for His presence bright,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb?


4.  Lay aside the garments that are stained with sin,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb;
There’s a fountain flowing for the soul unclean,

O be washed in the blood of the Lamb.


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****

Being washed in the blood of Jesus is not a one-time event.

We are continually washed in the blood of Jesus.

We enter in by refusing to think on the evil we did and focus on the blood of Jesus in the matter and how Jesus removed that sin by paying with HIS own blood!


*****