Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Way of world vs. way of God for us.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I am currently 81-years-old, and recovering from a fall and surgery.

My physical therapist is a delightful young woman from England.  She has taught me many very effective ways of using walker to get about the house.

But from the beginning of her time with me, she has asked me to think about and list goals telling her my plan for future and what I want to learn so I can get out of house and do things.

(I suspect Medicare requires her to list a plan for future therapy.)

From day one, I had goal of being able to get from my bed to bathroom and from my chair to bathroom.  But other than that, I had no goals.  I'm very happy.  I work on our blog preparing the messages God gives me and we are getting ready to publish another book with Amazon.

As I read Bible, I'm often stimulated by God to write additional exhortations to encourage the church in ways of God.

But as far as doing anything in the world, such as going out of the house and seeing things, I really have no desire nor goals.

I'm happy where I am in the room assigned to me in this house.

This is a little frustrating for therapist since I have no "motivation" toward moving about and activities.

Recently God reminded me of being "content" ... and I realized that I am content.

This is a very desirable thing for us in the sight of God!

I Timothy 6:6-8   godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

***

God brought me to the position of rejoicing in non-action.

I don't have to run about trying to find things to amuse me.  I am happy at home.  

If things begin to feel a little slow, I just ask God to fill my day and help me to endure and God always does this for me.  Sometimes a TV show or movie will pop up and fill my end of day till bedtime.  Or someone in our church group will send me an email which is used to motivate me.  Or God will give me a concept to share with the church and I really rejoice over this.  

But I don't have to get out of my house (or room) to fulfill my life!

In past, my way of non-activity was baffling to those persons who observed me.  

One woman said, "When did you last leave the house."  (It turned out to be two weeks ago.)

She said she couldn't imagine this.

But I am content ... because God causes me to be content.

Such is "great gain" ... and I don't want to change this nor search for things of this present world to do.


*****