Friday, March 29, 2019

Changed by God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

John the Baptist was sent before Jesus appeared and John said to the people:

Matthew 3:11   I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:


***

When I was 15-years-old, I went forward at the church my aunt attended and was baptized.  I didn't want to go to hell and at that time I thought if you were baptized you wouldn't go to hell.

So I was baptized in water (immersed).

Then when I was approximately 37-years-old, God (by His Spirit) brought the following to my mind in form of a thought.

"Joan ... you know those mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

"Sins?"  I was shocked.  I thought they were mistakes.

Instantly I was completely different.

Born again by the Spirit of God and fire.

Now I belonged to God.

***

A year or so later, I was enroute to Albuquerque, New Mexico (USA), on a buying trip for my business in American Indian Arts.

As my plane touched down, I heard the following from the Spirit of God in the form of a thought:

"Be baptized."

My cousin, who was Church of Christ, was meeting me at the plane.  I said to her, "Jeanne, if you can arrange it, I will be baptized this afternoon before I return to Dallas."

She was shocked and replied, "But you've already been baptized."

I said, "I know ... but I was not born again then... now I am."

I don't believe Jeanne had any idea at all what I was talking about.

At one point she said, "Well ... I believe you are a Christian ... I just don't know how you can be."

***

That afternoon ... at the Church of Christ building ... about 20 of my relatives gathered to see me baptized again.

The preacher asked me if I would like to say anything.

I replied that I guess so ... and I just began talking as the Spirit gave me utterance.  I don't recall what I said but it was probably about being born again when God spoke to me.

My uncle began crying as I spoke.  Afterwards he came to me and said, "I've never before heard anything like you spoke.  Could you write that out for me?"

(I think this uncle was born again as I was speaking ... thus the Lord sent them forth with signs following.)

I did write it out and mailed it to this uncle.

***

As the minister lowered me into the water, the Holy Spirit brought to my mind the following:

"This is like being buried with Christ."

(Symbolic of keeping our flesh crucified with Christ that we can serve God by the Spirit that is now in us.)

As I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said:

"This is like being raised with Christ."

***

The apostle Paul said:

Romans 6:3-5   Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death?

Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection:

After we are born again, through the remainder of our life, one scripture after another becomes "alive" to us and God opens our understanding and we begin doing that scripture and are recreated again and again into the image of Jesus (the Word) as we live the Word.

We are changed from the person we had been and are now a new creature.  Those things we once did are repugnant to us now and we now seek things of God and want things of God!

***

After I was born again, a woman said to me:  "I believe in you we have seen a real conversion... You have been changed."

***

II Corinthians 5:17 ... Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

***

It is change caused by the will of God.  No human can make this happen.

That is one of the mysteries about being born again.

***

Romans 9:5-18 ... they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.  

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 

For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.  

And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

For HE (God) saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Therefore hath HE mercy on whom HE will have mercy, and whom HE will he hardeneth.

***

A Catholic man was diagnosed with cancer and suffered much pain.

One night, he reported, "The Lord" visited him and told him he would be alright and told him HE would help him.

At the same moment, his wife awoke praising God.

After this, she said her husband had changed, he was very different.

In reporting this story, three times she used the word that her husband was "very different".

(Born again!)


***

John 3:3-7 Jesus said to Nicodemus: Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

 
***

Many people are born of their own flesh when they go forth and are baptized.  Babies are born of the flesh, the will of their parents, when taken to some church to be baptized as a baby.

It is when the Spirit of God comes upon us that we are born of the Spirit and that is by the will of God.  We cannot cause this to happen.

Then after God speaks to us we believe by faith.

And we are changed into a new creation by God.



*****

HYMN:  BLESSED ASSURANCE




(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1.   Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God, 


Born of His Spirit, 
washed in His blood.


Chorus:

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

This is my story, this is my song,

Praising my Savior all the day long.


2.   Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
 


3.   Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.



(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


***** 


The following scripture pertains to this hymn:

v. 2  Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.


Angels come down from heaven as commanded by God to do various works of God according to the will of God.

When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by Satan 40-days, angels ministered to Him.  (Mark 1:12)

An angel of God moved the great stone which sealed the tomb of Jesus. (Matthew 28:2)

An angel of God came down from heaven to free Peter from prison. (Acts 12:6-7 )

An angel delivered a message to the apostle Paul, telling Paul no harm would come to him and those on the ship. (Acts 27:23)


Genesis 28:10-12    And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep. And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

Angels descend, carrying messages from God.

Psalm 130:20   Bless the Lord, ye His angels, that excel in strength, that do His commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word.


***


(Comments by Joan Boney ...) The night of January 10, 1980, I was asleep and awakened by a very loud trumpet-like voice which blew 3 words into my ear as follows: Hartford, Seattle, KWJS ... I believe this to have been an angel of God speaking to me. By this and prayer, I came to believe God was leading me to go on radio. Within about 5 days of this, I was broadcasting exhortations week-days on KWJS radio. Within a year I was on radio stations from NYC (Hartford) to Seattle.


***


Psalm 104:4   Who maketh His angels spirits; His ministers a flaming fire:


***


Exodus 23:20-23    God says:    Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

For mine Angel shall go before thee



*****