Sunday, March 24, 2019

.

Hymn:  HE leadeth me!



(Click forward arrow > to play music:) 


1. He leadeth me! O blessed thought, 
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught;
Whate’er I do, where’er I be,
Still ’tis Christ’s WORD that leadeth me.


Chorus:

He leadeth me! He leadeth me!
By His own WORD He leadeth me;

His faithful follower I would be,
For by His WORD He leadeth me. 

2.  Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
Still ’tis His WORD that leadeth me.
 

3.  Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine (by reaching out and grabbing HIS Word and doing it),

Nor ever murmur or repine; *
 

Content, whatever lot I see,
Since it is Thou that leadest me.
 

4.  And when my task on earth is done,
When, by Thy grace, the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
 

Since Thou in triumph leadest me.

***

Consider these definitions for the words "murmur" and "repine" in verse 3.

Nor ever murmur or repine;


murmur:  complain about the instruction of the Word of God

repine:  to look back with intense longing for what one once had...
             to be fretfully discontented...
             to mope, to languish, to feel upset about, to be despondent over ... to brood, lament, grieve, mourn, sorrow


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****