Thursday, March 14, 2019

Helped by God when fearful thoughts come


Comments by Joan Boney ... 

After a terrible fall onto a tile floor on December 6, 2018, GOD showed me I would not be returning to my home in Lubbock, Texas, where I lived alone.

As the ambulance people had me on the gurney rolling me out of the front door of the house, the following words came into my mind   "You'll never see this house again."  

I knew those words were from God.  

I put the house up for sale immediately without knowing where I would be going.

God spoke to Abraham to come out and Abraham didn't know where he was going ...

Hebrews 11:8  By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.    

I spent the next 2 1/2 months in rehabilitation hospitals in Lubbock, Texas.

During that time, GOD began showing me I would move to Colorado where one of our church members lives.

She was shown this also and willingly took me into her home.

Here is her report.

FROM PAM PADGETT

After Joan and I began talking last December about her moving here, thoughts came telling me that I would become like Sandra, not giving real help and being a problem myself.

I turned to God strongly with these thoughts, and was given two scriptures:

Hebrews 13:5 ... for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 

Isaiah 41:10   Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness. 

Thinking on these things helped me then, and continues to help me daily.

God certainly helped me prepare for Joan coming and continues to help me as we get everything taken care of now that Joan is here.

Each time I have turned to God asking for wisdom, HE has given it.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

And the people we have needed have been brought into the picture ... physical therapist, nurse, cleaning person, someone to evaluate what was needed so Joan could safely go in and out of the house (a ramp).

All of our needs have been amply met.

Philippians 4:19  (Paul says to the church)  my God shall supply all your need.

Thinking on the promises God has given in Hebrews 13:5 and Isaiah 41:10, and seeing how HE has done these things, is very strengthening to me and causes such thankfulness to HIM.


*****


Hymn:  HE leadeth me



(Click forward arrow > to play music:) 


1. He leadeth me! O blessed thought, 
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught;
Whate’er I do, where’er I be,
Still ’tis Christ’s WORD that leadeth me.


Chorus:

He leadeth me! He leadeth me!
By His own WORD He leadeth me;

His faithful follower I would be,
For by His WORD He leadeth me. 

2.  Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
Still ’tis His WORD that leadeth me.
 

3.  Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine (by reaching out and grabbing HIS Word and doing it),

Nor ever murmur or repine; *
 

Content, whatever lot I see,
Since it is Thou that leadest me.
 

4.  And when my task on earth is done,
When, by Thy grace, the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
 

Since Thou in triumph leadest me.

***

Consider these definitions for the words "murmur" and "repine" in verse 3.

Nor ever murmur or repine;


murmur:  complain about the instruction of the Word of God

repine:  to look back with intense longing for what one once had...
             to be fretfully discontented...
             to mope, to languish, to feel upset about, to be despondent over ... to brood, lament, grieve, mourn, sorrow


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


***** 

Comments by Joan Boney:  God leads us by bringing HIS word to our minds.  

I was born again in 1975, and through the following decades over and over God has shown me what to do by bringing a portion of HIS Word to my mind. 

Isaiah 54:17   No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

***

Matthew 28:20  ... Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world

***

Isaiah 41:10
  Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.

***

Nehemiah 8:10  ... The joy of the Lord (the Word) is your strength

***

Isaiah 55:12   For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace:

***

Hebrews 13:5
 ... I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

***

Psalm 23:1   The LORD (the Word) is my shepherd.  I shall not want (as I follow the Word HE gives me.)

***

And God leads by many other words which are not scripture.

In the 1970's, when a woman sued me and forced me to go to court, I heard, "Don't testify."

Because I believed this word was from God, I held fast to this word and would not testify.

Her charges against me were dismissed by the judge and I was acquitted!


***

In the 1990's, God gave me a dream and showed me not to move to the town where my cousin lived.  

After my mother died, my cousin wanted me to move there.  But I did not do this because I believed God had shown me I couldn't go that way.


***

There have many other words and scriptures through the years where I believed God was speaking to me to lead me.  I often encountered opposition from friends and family when I tried to do what I believed God had shown me. But I kept the Word before me day and night and followed the Word and it never failed.

This is building your house on the word from God.

Matthew 7:24-27  (Jesus said)   

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.


And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.


*****