Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Content, whatever lot I see!


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the hymn, "HE leadeth me," we sing the following in verse 3 ... 

"Content, whatever lot I see, since it is THOU that leadeth me."

***

When we know it is God leading us, we know it is what HE wants us to do and thereby we can be content, even happy, to do what we see.  Others who watch us are often shocked.  But we simply say we are sure this is what God wants for us.

And because we are sure, we don't look back longingly at that previous life.

Acts 17:26 (NASB)   and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,

Original NIV...HE appointed the exact places they would live and the times they would live there.



***

I fell in December 2018.  As ambulance men were taking me out the front door of my house on a stretcher, I had these words come into my mind:  "You'll never see this house again."

I rejoiced!  For I knew that information was from God and was showing me HE had another plan for me.

Because of that WORD and my faith in God's WORD and my assurance this was God's WORD, I was able to put the house up for sale immediately and move forward according to that Word even though I did not know where I would be going.  I could sell the Lubbock house for GOD had said to me I would not see that house again.


A woman who was in our church group at that time said she didn't see how I could do that.

I explained to her when we believe we have heard from God, we know not to resist.  We also know it will work for good to us for God's plan is better than our own plan.

We go forth in faith and joy knowing it is a far better way for us when God chooses!


*****

Surgery on my broken bones was on December 10, 2018.  I was in rehab hospital in Lubbock, Texas, from December 14 through February 23 the following year.

On February 24, I flew to Colorado Springs, Colorado, where I would begin my new life in the home of Pam Padgett, one of our church members who is like daughter to me.


***** 


After two weeks at Pam's house, I told her if she felt trapped by having me there, I  could always move to assisted living.

Pam seemed a little shocked ... then told me that just that same morning she took nap on sofa and awoke thinking, "Did Joan ever move here?"  (I had been there 2 weeks.)

(When it is God's plan, it works and God leads us into HIS plan by putting HIS ideas, HIS WORD, into our minds, giving us those ideas.)

We know the will of God by the following points:

James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.


*****

HYMN:  HE LEADETH ME




(Click forward arrow > to play music:) 


1. He leadeth me! O blessed thought, 
O words with heav’nly comfort fraught;
Whate’er I do, where’er I be,
Still ’tis Christ’s WORD that leadeth me.


Chorus:

He leadeth me! He leadeth me!
By His own WORD He leadeth me;

His faithful follower I would be,
For by His WORD He leadeth me. 

2.  Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
Still ’tis His WORD that leadeth me.
 

3.  Lord, I would clasp Thy hand in mine (by reaching out and grabbing HIS Word and doing it),

Nor ever murmur or repine; *
 

Content, whatever lot I see,
Since it is Thou that leadest me.
 

4.  And when my task on earth is done,
When, by Thy grace, the vict’ry’s won,
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
 

Since Thou in triumph leadest me.

***

Consider these definitions for the words "murmur" and "repine" in verse 3.

Nor ever murmur or repine;


murmur:  complain about the instruction of the Word of God

repine:  to look back with intense longing for what one once had...
             to be fretfully discontented...
             to mope, to languish, to feel upset about, to be despondent over ... to brood, lament, grieve, mourn, sorrow


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****