Thursday, October 4, 2018

Rejoicing when you are persecuted and beaten for speaking the Word of God.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Acts  5:40-42    and when they (the rulers of the synagogue) had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus (The Word), and let them go.

And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name (The Word).

And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ (The Word).

Instead of complaining and fretting over that which was done to them by the rulers of the church, they rejoiced that God had counted them worthy to speak.

God explained the following concerning the apostle Paul:

Acts 9:15-16   God said:  he (Paul) is a chosen vessel unto ME, to bear MY name (The Word) before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for MY name's sake (for the Word's sake).


***

Later the apostle Paul urged Timothy to take on the suffering required of those who speak the Word of God ... and not be ashamed because of the suffering after you speak.

II Timothy 1:1-11    Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus (The Word),

2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord (The Word).

3 I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;

4 Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;

5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.


8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to HIS own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus (The Word) before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ
(The Word), who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that HE (The Word) is able to keep that which I have committed unto HIM against that day.


***

Paul was held in high esteem among men because of his many achievements.  Then after God revealed Himself to him, Paul was hated by the same men who had once admired him.

As long as Paul spoke of his own thinking, persecuting the Christians, he was honored by man.

As soon as Paul began speaking that which God has revealed to HIM, Paul was persecuted and hated!  And in Paul's case the religious people who didn't know God tried to kill him.  

Paul explains.

Philippians 3:1-10    Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord (The Word). To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus (The Word), and have no confidence in the flesh.

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ (The Word) 

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus (The Word) my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ (The Word),

9 And be found in HIM (The Word) , not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ (The Word), the righteousness which is of God by faith:

(Living by faith that it was God who revealed Christ, The Word, to him and speaking that Word which he believed was given to him by God by HIS Spirit. 

10 That I may know HIM (The Word), and the power of HIS resurrection, and the fellowship of HIS sufferings, being made conformable unto HIS death; 


***

Suffering often comes to us when we speak the Word of God, for disobedient people often want to continue to glory in their own disobedience, and when we speak The Word, which is contrary to their way of life, they are frustrated in their own pursuit of their own glory.  

They want to glorify man.  We speak The Word which glorifies God who is opposite to man.

God's word shows man's way to be evil.

I John 5:19   the whole world lieth in wickedness.

But we learn to rejoice in God allowing us to speak The Word regardless of the shame, for the Word is a cross which causes shame to come to us through their disobedience.

Nevertheless, like Paul, we learn to not be ashamed of the Word of God for it is The Power of God to salvation.


*****