Friday, October 26, 2018

Troubling thoughts concerning future


Book:  Dealing With Destructive Thoughts
Chapter 3
Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet 


Many thoughts come concerning future.

There is only one way to deal with these.

We take each of these thoughts to God in prayer asking Him to help us and give us HIS wisdom, showing us what, if anything, we need to do.

Pour out your heart before God.  Tell God how you feel.  If you have a request, let it be known unto God.

Philippians 4:6-7    Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (the Word).


***

Is there anything at all troubling you about "tomorrow" or future?

Do you dread anything that is scheduled?

Prayer is the answer.

Stop and talk with God about your concern. Be specific as you would do in talking with your best friend.  When you talk with God, HE will help you and give you what you need and show you what to do. 


***

I am 80-years-old as I write this.

I have been very concerned over something.  

Some stray cats live at my house in the back yard and in the garage.  I feed them daily and give them water.  What will happen to them if I die?  I began talking to God about my concerns and I asked God to please give me something to help me and settle my mind.

A few days later …   I went to feed the cats and I noticed the calico kitten playing with something at the end of the wood rack.  I put the bowls of food down but she kept doing something at the end of the wood.  Then I realized she had a bird.  It was no longer living and apparently she had been eating it.  I saw how God had equipped cats to survive without me!  This is God's way and HIS provision for them.  

I would rather a human feed them but if they have to do so they can catch a bird or mouse.  God equipped them with speed and claws.

Understanding this helped me with the troubling thoughts.

***

Sometimes there will be something on our calendar that troubles us and causes us to "dread".

Prayer is needed.

Commit this dread to God.  Ask God if there is some action you need to take.  Do you need to cancel the appointment?  Or perhaps change the appointment?

Depend on God to show you.  God will do this if you ask HIM.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


***

If you keep being troubled by a person, talk to God about this.

Depend on God to show you what to do.

There is a Catholic woman that I love like a daughter.  But at this point in time she doesn't want to hear about God.  What can I do?  God is all (for the most part) that interests me.

This woman will call me every few months.  Then usually she will vanish for a time.

I believe the time will come that she will be born again.  Until that time, what should I do?  I asked God.

So far as I can tell, when I do speak with her, I should just continue to speak that which God gives me to speak. And she vanishes.  (It wouldn't work for me to be around her a lot at this present time.)

Recently I sent her email with links to several hymns.  (I did not hear any response from her.  No matter.  She has the hymns and if she chooses to pull up a hymn she can do so.  I believe the time will come when she will want to do so. Hymns are so helpful to us.)

In the meantime, I have joy and hope when I think of her because I believe that is what God has put into my heart concerning her.  I see her, by faith, as being saved.  It is unimportant that I be around her until this happens.  God has HIS way of getting us where HE wants us.  And when that happens we will be around the people of God.  Isn't that what happened to each of us?

I am at complete peace at not being around her because I believe I know from God what her end will be.

***

Learn to live in joy.

Pray over each thing that troubles you.  It is the only way to live continually in joy and peace.

Turn to God with each troubling thought and pray.  Settle the matter with God in prayer.  Be very watchful to do this constantly when troubled!

(Don't try to fake having faith.  Be honest with God and ask HIM for help.)

We must live in joy and peace through God.  And it is easy to do.  All we do is talk with God and follow HIM, resting in faith in God.


*****

BOOK: Dealing With Destructive Thoughts
Chapter 3

Joan Boney



E-book: $.99
Paperback: $5.99
(USA Prices)

Order from: Amazon.com


*****