Sunday, October 7, 2018

Planning while growing older


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


As we grow older, we suspect the time will come when we will die and we begin thinking of "who" to leave certain properties to ... and trying to plan for other things on this earth.

It is very usual to do this.

***


I was thinking of a Catholic woman and what I would like to tell her. I even thought of leaving her a letter to be given to her. 

Then I realized, "Everything I want to tell her I've already written in the books published on Amazon." 

(So I left instructions to send her each of my books, in paperback. She doesn't like e-books.)

I have reason to believe the time might come that she will be able to hear truth from God and that is what these books present.  If that does happen, the information contained in these books will mean a great deal to her.


***

Of course, we do not know for sure that we will die as others die.


If Jesus returns for the church, while we are still alive on this earth,  our spirit will be taken out.  (our physical body will not be taken with us for we will be changed in the blink of the eye)


Paul explains: I Corinthians 15:51-52 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (die), but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

If we are still alive when Jesus returns, we will be changed out of these present bodies which are like a shell to us. The soul (spirit) of us currently dwells inside this shell of a physical body. But this body is only used on this present earth. It is subject to disease and deterioration... thus corruption.  So this physical body cannot be our heavenly body.  The physical body will not rise with us.

Paul explains:I Corinthians 15:53-54 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.


***


When Jesus returns, the dead in Christ will rise first. Then the followers of The Word who are still alive will be changed in the blink of an eye and taken up into the air to meet Jesus and the dead in Christ who have been raised.

I Thessalonians 4:13-18     But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent
(precede) them which are asleep (dead)


16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first


17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 


(We will not gather with them on this present earth but will meet them "in the air" and we will be taken to the new heaven and new earth which is prepared by God and wherein "dwelleth righteousness".  See Revelation 21)

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 


***

But we are currently still living and as we grow older we will often be troubled about what will happen to so & so after I'm dead!

I am 81-years-old this year.  

"Who will take care of the outdoor cats when I'm gone?"  

Several stray cats live in my back courtyard and I even let them sleep in my garage which they enter by a cat door.  I feed them and give them water.

I began praying, asking God how they can be cared for.  I told God I really needed some help with this issue, I really needed to hear from HIM.


***

A few days after praying, I was taking food out to these cats and I didn't see the calico kitten.  She is usually the first one to the food when I take it out.

Then I noticed her doing something intently at the end of the firewood rack and I realized she was eating a bird!

God has equipped the cats to survive!

This really helped me to no longer be troubled. If there is no person to feed her, she can catch a bird.  Knowing this helped me to be peaceful.

(A couple of weeks prior to seeing this, I noticed something hanging from the mouth of the calico kitten.  It was a feather.  I thought she had found a feather and was playing with it.  Probably not what she had been doing!)


***

I'm currently reading a series of books written by Winston Churchill concerning WWII.

After the defeat of Germany, in May, 1945, they still had to fight Japan.

They thought it would take another 18-months to win the war against the Japanese.  They were making plans to bring more troupes to that area so they could fight the war.  

But it wasn't going to take another 18-months.  It was only going to be about 2 1/2 months for the atomic bomb changed everything.

Before they had time to get the troupes from Germany to the area of Japan, the war ended.

Japan would surrender the first week of August, 1945, after the two atomic bombs were dropped on their nation.

I thought of how we worry, fret, and plan … needlessly.


***

Of course, our answers are to take our concerns to God in prayer.

Phil. 4:6-7    Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


*****