Thursday, October 11, 2018

It was not the physical image of Jesus in the flesh that drew the people to HIM. It was HIS Word and HIS Works that announced the difference between HIM and other men of the flesh.


Joan Boney … apostle /prophet


Isaiah 53:2 

HE hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see HIM, there is no beauty that we should desire HIM.

At no point in the gospels do we see men and women marvel over the physical image of Jesus.

It was not because HE was taller than other men that they wanted to see HIM.

It was not because HE was more handsome than other men that they wanted to see HIM.

It was not because HE was stronger than other men that they wanted to see HIM.

The sick people came to Him because HE had healed the sick as no other man could do.

HE cast out devils so parents who had children who were troubled by devils brought those children to Jesus and HE cast out those devils with HIS word.

HIS words were different from other men's words, for HIS Word was with authority and power  that other men did not have.



*****

Today countless thousands of people are purchasing a photo of the image they think of be of Jesus and are hanging it on their walls, trying to worship Jesus in the flesh of a man.

There is a photo which someone manufactured and they sell today which they portray as "Jesus".  

Someone sought out a handsome man and dressed him in long robe and took his photo and some churches even hang that photo on the walls of their church building.

(I saw this photo hanging on the wall inside a small Assembly of God church building in Texaco, New Mexico, USA, and warned their pastor about this and urged him to remove this photo.)

To cause your church group to try to worship a fleshly image of a man is very wrong. This photo is a false image, contrived by man. None of us can build eternal life on untrue concepts nor on untrue images. For that will fall and destroy or hurt our faith. Nor will that which is not true take us where we desire to go spiritually.

The church will have no power if they do this for the power of God is in Jesus, The Word.


***

A woman who was raised in a Baptist church and was later born again, told me this story.

After she was born again, she had a picture of a long haired man holding a lamb. She kept that photo for a long while. Finally she knew she had to get rid of it. It was a false idol, a false image. She finally threw it away but for a time she clung to that photo for strength and hope.

***

Another woman told me she had set up on her book shelf a "memorial" to Jesus.  She wanted me to come see it.

I did not do this.  For we, ourselves, are a memorial to Jesus by our life in Christ and our testimony  to the Word spoken to us by the Spirit of God.

Fleshly symbols on a book shelf would never be a accurate memorial to Jesus.

We must not put our faith in such things that we can see for the things of God are "unseen" though experienced.

II Corinthians 4:18     While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.


***

The only thing we can safely hold onto is The Word given us by God by His Spirit.

The gates of hell will not prevail against that Word God brings to our mind by HIS Spirit.

That Word is Jesus.


*****

Psalm 23

The Lord (Jesus, The Word) is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He (The Word) maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE (The Word) leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He (The Word) restoreth my soul:

HE (The Word) leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. (His name is The Word)

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou (The Word) art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (The Word comforts us and keeps us.)

5 Thou (The Word) preparest a table (filled with food of The Word) before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou (The Word) anointest my head with oil (The Word given me by God causes a joy which is like oil, causing my face to shine); my cup runneth over. (My joy is overflowing because of that Word given me by God.)

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord (The Word) for ever.


***


(For all eternity we will sit at the table of God and eat of HIS Word which God gives. Think of how wonderful it has been when God has revealed a specific WORD to you. That WORD is Jesus. We will be fed that Word forever.)

There is such a fire that burns inside us when God gives us a Word, when God shows us something.

*****