Tuesday, October 23, 2018

When the power of God is present to heal


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

There are several forms of healingHealing from emotional problems.  Healing from sins.  Healing from physical afflictions.  Healing from sorrow and grief.

All healing comes through God as HE shows us the way and we accept that way by faith, believing HIM.

***

Concerning past sins:

Revelation 1:5   

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto HIM that loved us, and washed us from our sins in HIS own blood,


We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God by those sins … and we who belong to God are very sorry and sometime grieve and some people tell other people of their terrible sins. (I don't think it is a good thing to do this.)

Instead let us who believe in the blood of Jesus cleansing us, walk in joy of HIS blood and the cleansing instead of mourning over the sin as if that sin remained.  

Also we learn by The Word and by experience with God that the flesh sins and we learn to control our flesh through prayer and by the word God brings to us.

To live in memories of past sins as a Christian is like denying those sins have been paid by the blood of Jesus.

Let us learn to live a different way.  

If you can't enter in by faith in the Word, then pray that God would help you to enter in.

We should be able to enter in by simply believing HIS Word on the issue.

I John 1:7    the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.


***

The Word left HIS position in heaven, by the will of God, to come to this earth temporarily in the form of a flesh and blood human named Jesus, subject to the pains of a human.

HE went to the cross and died there to pay for our sins with HIS blood.

This was the plan of God, The Father.  

Then God raised Jesus, The Word, from the dead and Jesus sits at the right hand of God in heaven today to intercede for us.

The Bible tells us these truths.

Believe!


***

Healing of emotional problems, sorrow, grief:

Devils torment us.  God brings us healing, joy, life.

During the last month of my mother's life, I put her in a care home.  She died at age of 97 after one month in that facility.

During the years, often I have been tormented by what I did.  "How could I have done this?  I kept her in the house with me for 18 1/2 years.  How could I have put her away in that home to die alone?"

I know I cried out to God in grief over that which I did.

One day, I had something called to my memory.  The reason I put my mother into that care facility was she had begun falling on the floor and I couldn't get her up off the floor.  I would call 911 for help.  They would send local fireman to help.  Often she would fall twice daily.  One fireman said, "You are really going to have to do something about this."  and I did.

God has a way to help us in our grief.

Know this:  The devil brings to mind partial truths and often twisted truths to cause us grief.  It is not God bringing such griefs to our memory (as in above story).  These memories to hurt us are from devils.

To remember the source might be helpful.

John 10:10   The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I (The Word) am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


***

Physical healings:

John 5:1-9    After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.  Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.  In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.

When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? 


The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath. 

(He followed The Word he heard from Jesus, The Word.)


***

I've always thought this so interesting that the man knew there was no way he would be able to get to that pool to be healed because other people got there before him.  Yet he kept trying a way that would not work.  He had been in that condition for 38 years.

But there was a way through God.

***

Recently I had a physical problem.  After several days, I had some type of special faith come upon me.  I began presenting prayer and supplication, reasoning with God about this problem.  I said to God something like, "YOU created this body and I know YOU can heal me of this problem."  There was a special type power to heal at that exact moment.  God healed me.

In 2010, I fell over a box and broke a hip.  During the surgery, a bone shattered in my left leg and doctor had to insert a metal rod.  Some cells died in my left foot.  Since that time there has been constant pain at various levels.  I've never spoken to God about healing in this matter.  I know to control the pain with use of heating pad and over the counter pain medicine.  I believe God has put in my heart what I am to do in this matter.

There are different ways to deal with physical problems.

The apostle Paul had some type of disease, thought to be eye disease.  

II Corinthians 12:7-9   And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And HE said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:

In Bible, that woman with issue of blood knew if she could but touch the hem of Jesus' garment she would be healed.  It was in her heart, likely put there by God! She had faith.

If it works, we can know God put that into our heart and mind.  If it doesn't work, we can know it was not God's way for us in that specific matter.  Sometimes ideas for healing come from church groups and when we try that we fail.  That is because the idea was from man and not from God.  When it fails, the power of God was not there in that matter.

We don't lose our faith in God when something doesn't work.  We just know it wasn't God who brought that idea to our mind.  The idea was from our own reasoning or another source.  If it is from God it always works.

*** 

I had a friend named David who had the disease ALS.  Church groups were praying and "believing" for David to be healed.  I prayed also for David to be healed.  But God gave me an open vision concerning David.  In the vision, David was going on before us.  He was on golf course.  He was completely whole, jumping up and down in joy, signaling to us with his hands to come on and join him.  It was great!

I told this to a man from the church group where they were "believing" for David to be healed.

This man said, "Don't you think God is showing us that David will be healed?"

I said:  "David is dying.  But he will be Okay."

David died a few months later … but I believe David is okay just as God showed me.  That's really all that matters.


***

There are times I have known I will not get well without going to doctor.  There are times I have known just to wait.  In both cases, I believe it was God leading me and giving me HIS wisdom and HIS way.  Hearing from God what to do is the basis for faith either way.  It takes a faith to go to doctor.  It takes faith not to go.  I believe it is simply God showing me in both cases what to do.

Faith comes first by hearing the Word from God on the matter at hand.

Thus:  Romans 10:17   So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


*****