Sunday, May 20, 2018

If a person is deceived, it is God who deceived him. II Thessalonians 2


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In these last days, many come saying, "Jesus is the Christ", and Jesus says they will deceive many.  Matthew 24


I have met many who say they are pastors and yet they have no understanding from God concerning spiritual things.

I have heard reports of deceivers who hated things of God and went out and deliberately deceived people into thinking they believed, with the goal of getting believers to give money to themselves.


*****

Robert Tilton:  Wikipedia

Former pastor:  Word of Faith, Farmer's Branch, Texas
                           TV Evangelist


... a former friend of Tilton's from college claimed both he and Tilton would attend tent revival meetings as a "sport" and would claim to be anointed and healed at the meetings. 

He added the two had often discussed the notion that after graduation they would set up their own roving revival ministry "and drive around the country and get rich." 

ABC News Primetime live, exposed Tilton in a TV expose.  Their report said he asked followers to send him their prayer requests and had the unopened envelopes forwarded to a bank in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where bank employees opened the envelopes and took out any money and deposited it in Tilton's account and threw the prayer requests into garbage.

Comments by Joan Boney   

In 1980-84, I was on radio in several cities from coast to coast in USA.  

When I started radio, Bob Tilton recommended his advertising agent, Michael Ellison Advertising Agency.  He said, "He can really do you some good."

The agent came to Dallas to see me.  He said, "Just one thing.  We want you to add this to your envelopes and to your printed materials  and radio broadcasts:  'Send me your prayer requests.' "

I responded:  "I don't want to do that!"

I told him the people should pray.  They should not come to me with prayer requests.  They should go directly to God in prayer.

Then the agent said:  "Well ... you're missing a good bet ... for when they send prayer requests, they often enclose money."

I never did that.

But most ministers on radio and television do.

I consider this a terrible thing.


*****

I have no doubt there are many frauds in ministries who have never been born again who say they are ministers, pastors and evangelists, who deliberately go about deceiving church people without ever believing in God or in Jesus themselves.


For those persons who refuse the love of the truth, we read in II Thessalonians 2, the following:


8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.



*****

We also come across deluded people who are not deliberate frauds but have been turned over to believe a lie because they would not love the Word of God in the Bible.


When we encounter deluded people who think they are of God but never come to truth of Bible, all we can do is walk away from such people, knowing their delusion is from God.

We cannot reason with a person when it is God who has brought them the delusion.

They can destroy us if we allow them to continue striving with us.

I just separate myself from them knowing the following:


Titus 3:9-11


9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; 



11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.


*****

Sometimes we can deceive ourselves thinking he just needs more teaching.

But to continue to strive with him over the truth pulls us down.

Paul said:

II Timothy 3:5    Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.



*****

An example:  A man wrote to me identifying himself as a pastor.  

Almost immediately he began telling us of his needs:  computer, then when we sent him a computer that was not being used, he asked us if we could send him a camera, finally he asked if we could  "help him out" with housing and food ... he doesn't work and has no income and has no money, by his report.

(We did not send him camera for there is nothing spiritual in taking photos.  You do not share word of God with photos.  Photos show flesh of man, not word of God.)

We did not send him money either... 

Each time we read his emails, it was always something he "needed".  He cast his "needs" on us not on God.  It was very obvious he was hoping to get us to provide his needs.

He never spoke anything of God ... no message from God.

He just told us his needs.



*****

Finally I asked him when I have ever told him of "my needs"?

When  I have a need, I tell God by praying directly to God.

(And truly I have no need for God has provided all my need.)

By telling "his needs" as he is doing, he denies God ... for he is really saying by his testimony that God does not provide for him.

I told him I would rather die than deny God as he is doing.

If I pray to God and then tell a person a need, this shows I do not have faith in God.


This man (48-years-old) insists he trusts in God, but he doesn't.  He trusts in visible people by telling them need after need, basically hoping one of them will provide that which he says he needs.

Yet he insists I "misunderstand" him and even says to me he doesn't do that, but he does.

Yesterday, I sent him email telling him I was blocking his name from my email so I would not be seeing any more of his emails.

I cannot live in peace with him, there is always trouble, and no good comes from him.

I asked God to judge him.

I told him his way is evil ... trying to get widows and elderly women to send him things:  money, computer, camera, housing, food, which are the things he has tried to get from us.

I told him several weeks ago to get a job and support his family.  He did not do that.  Instead he wants us to provide for him.

Paul says:  II Thessalonians 3:10 ... For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.



*****

He is insidious in his attempts to get things from us.  He even sent email to each person in our small church group asking them for help, thinking to get something from them.  

But I had warned our church group that he might try to contact them and told them not to be deceived by him and even told them not to send him anything.

These men who say they are pastors can be really evil.



*****

Jesus warned us about them:

Matthew 24:4-5    Take heed that no man deceive you.  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.



*****

They can seem to be of God when they approach us, but they always go too far, revealing themselves.

God knows the full truth about them and God will judge them.

All we need to do is get away from them and live in peace with those persons who follow God with a pure heart, abiding in scriptures, for you will never be able to live in peace with men like this.



*****