Sunday, May 13, 2018

BOOK: Preparing Yourself For The Return Of Jesus: Chapter 3


Joan Boney
E-book:  $.99
Paperback: $3.99
(USA Prices)

Order from:  Amazon.com


*****


Trust God to Show You What to Do in All Things Pertaining to This Life


If you think you know what to do, you probably will not call on God.

But consider the following instructions:

Proverbs 3:5-7    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct thy paths.  Be not wise in thine own eyes.

Proverbs 14:12    There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

I Corinthians 8:2    And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

James 4:10    Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and HE shall lift you up.


*****

In 2018, I had a problem with my cleaning lady.  It was basically a difference in doctrine.  I didn't know what to do but I do know God knows what to do and I know God helps me when I ask HIM.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


So I asked God what I should do.

I heard this from God:  "Focus on that which she does well."

The thing she does well is cleaning.

So each time a thought about her came to trouble me, I just made my mind focus on what she does well, cleaning, and I was no longer troubled.


*****

When we cry out to God as a little child, we are saying to God, "Help me ... I don't know what to do."

My cat, Samantha, died.

That night, I cried out to God:  "Please help me."

Immediately I heard this from God in the form of a thought:

"Go to Internet and buy a Siamese cat."

I did that the next morning and all grief over Samantha left.

I wasn't going to get another cat because I am so old I felt I would likely outlive the cat, then what would happen to the cat?

God changed my plan to fit my need.


*****

We often have to be willing to change our direction.

When I was born again in 1975,  my best friend told me I had to go to church.  So I began going to the church that she and her husband attended.

The pastor was teaching against tongues, saying tongues are of the devil.

One day, I was reading Bible and saw the following scripture.

I Corinthians 14:39    Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

That pastor was teaching exactly opposite to Bible.

I stopped going to that church.

*****


Romans 8:14    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


*****