Thursday, May 31, 2018

* Living a godly life in the Word of God benefits all.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

You can want many things for your children and end up teaching your children to live ungodly lives as you pursue these things.

You can instead do what you believe God shows you to do and end up giving your children everything worthwhile.

I Timothy 6:6-12 ...  godliness with contentment is great gain.

Are you content or are you desiring more?

I was thinking about where I live ... Lubbock, Texas ... I'm happy here.  It isn't a pretty area.  Flat land and no trees except for those planted by home owners.  But it suits me.  I can't think of any other place in Texas I'd rather live.

Bible tells us God chooses the time we live on this earth and the exact place we live.  Acts 17 (NIV Original translation)

***

I Timothy 6   For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

But they that will be rich (seeking money) fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.


For the love of money (the desire for money) is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.


Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.


*****

There are many surprises along the way of life when we follow God.  There are many persecutions, especially from those calling themselves Christian while they live apart from instruction of the scripture.

But there are also many hidden blessings from God along the way.

I've always been so joyful when I heard a word from the Holy Spirit, even a word that caused me to correct my own self caused me great joy.

I have a deep understanding that everywhere I go I am a blessing to other people because I am a carrier of the word of God and the way of God.


*****