Thursday, May 31, 2018

BOOK: Exhortations For The Church, Volume 1: Chapter 15


Joan Boney
E-book:  $.99
Paperback: $6.99
(USA Prices)

Order from:  Amazon.com


*****


Is there a problem?


When I view what the world is doing, often I can't understand what they say or do.

Once when I was in France, it was so peaceful. I was sitting on a park bench and people passed by me, they were talking, I was in such peace.

Then I realized: The reason I'm in such peace is they are speaking French and I can't understand what they are saying.


*****

As we pass through this world, it is like we are momentary observers, not that we are part of them for we can't understand them.

One night in June, 2016, I glanced at CNN. There was some kind of big crisis "maybe". Even the newscasters were saying, "Are we making more to do of this than is real?" The stock market fell over 600 points and I listened to see what happened. It was something in England, a vote to leave "Europe"? Although I listened, I couldn't understand the problem. Then the politicians began giving their opinion and I couldn't understand them either. They may as well have been speaking in French which I can't understand either. I turned the crisis off.

*****

As I was reading Bible, I noticed following:

I Jn. 2:24 ... Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 


*****

I began to consider what it was that I had heard "from the beginning." What it is that I know.

I know that Jesus died for our sins and was raised by God and is now seated at the right hand of God.

Jesus will return for us. The dead in Christ will rise first. (I Thess. 4)

I Thessalonians 4:13-17  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.


For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent
(precede) them which are asleep (dead).

For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(We rise to meet Jesus "in the air".  Jesus says HIS kingdom is not of this earth.  We will not be coming to live on this earth.  We will dwell in the new heaven and new earth wherein dwells righteousness.  This present earth will be destroyed.  II Peter 3 & Revelation 21)

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.


***


Then those who are alive will be changed instantly and rise to be with them.  (I Cor. 15)

We are just waiting to be taken out.

*****

I Jn. 2:25 ... And this is the promise that HE hath promised us, even eternal life.


*****

While we wait, Paul said to Timothy, give yourself to "reading to exhortation to doctrine".

I consider that is what we also should do while we wait.

To reading: Reading Bible and godly exhortations

To exhorting: Sharing truth from God with those around us ... exhort: to urge earnestly by advice or warning.

At some point, this present heaven and earth will pass away. It will not be destroyed by man but by God.   II Peter 3

We should be giving truth from God as we cross paths with those concerned about this world. (Give yourselves to this ... sharing truths from God.)

To doctrine: Examining your doctrines by the New Testament by Holy Spirit as HE guides us from scripture to scripture by reminding us of various scriptures. Rereading about adultery which the world and most churches discount now. Restoring your own thinking over and over to Bible. Rereading about homosexuals, which many in world approves but what does Bible say, what does God say through the scriptures? Keeping God's truth before you for that is truth.


*****