Saturday, May 26, 2018

* If you dread something.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I had an appointment for a man to come to my house to reset my sound equipment.

It was scheduled for 11 a.m.  I could do this but it would rush me a little and burden me.

I became increasingly concerned about this and began praying, asking God to help me with this and with another problem connected with the appointment.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Philippians 4:6    Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.


A few hours after talking to God about this matter and the points which troubled me,
I called the store where I had scheduled the appointment and changed the appointment to 1 pm, which gave me ample time to do my work and get ready before the worker arrived.  Also I was able to confirm that I would need only one worker, not two, so I could keep the labor cost under a more reasonable control.

After doing this, order was restored in my life and I was at complete peace.

It is very difficult for me to schedule anything before noon because I take medications at night and need to sleep soundly without concern for having to make myself get up earlier than normal.

Sometimes we will try to do what is convenient for others but is unwise for us.

Usually I never allow anyone to schedule appointments until after 1 pm.

There are things unwise for me.

When I do something where there is "dread", I know I have entered into a plan that is not of God and most often I make other arrangements when doing such.

Dread: 

- to be anxious about
- concerns, foreboding about the situation
- to be worried and uneasy about

Often we "yoke" ourselves to appointments that are unwise ... either the wrong day or wrong time or with the wrong person.

If we pray, asking God for wisdom, HE will give wisdom to us and we can make appropriate adjustments.

There is no reason to allow the situation to control us ... instead we control the situation to make it compatible with our life.

God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light.  Matthew 11

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.




*****